Aion The Tower of Eternity
Aion The Tower of Eternity is a visually stunning MMORPG that has thousands upon thousands of people talking across the globe. First going live in Korea, then following with a grand showing in China, the Aion game has now made it global and quest help is needed more than ever. There are many different areas and zones inside Aion The Tower of Eternity and even more non-player characters (NPCs) running around offering a multitude of questing options.
It is easy to get confused and lost within this new world. It is important to understand how to navigate through the world and the different options Aion provides players. Tapping the “j” key will allow quick access to the Quest Log. There are little boxes next to the quests inside the log that you can put a check mark in. This little check mark allows for the quest to be seen on the right hand side of the screen. With this option you can review details of the quest or check progress. If a full detail view of the quest is needed again there is a small arrow on the right side of the quest that you can click on the screen and it will open your log again.
Inside almost every quest is a link that players can click. This link is usually the name of a NPC or place within the game. Clicking this link will open a map that gives players a location of the place they are looking for. Tapping “m” opens the regular map and “n” opens a clear map that allows players to still play the game while seeing where they are heading.
Learn how to complete the quest Barring the Gate. This quest is the first campaign quest offered in Poeta Akarios Village. With many people and Non-Player Characters (NPCs) floating around the Aion game it can be hard to know which one you need. Follow this guide for all the answers.
Obtaining the Quest
The quest Barring the Gate is a level 9 quest and can be obtained from Kalio. Kalio is standing outside a
building with his pet. You will notice Kalio by the hovering yellow icon above his head that indicates he wants to talk to you. The objectives in the Barring the Gate quest is to travel and speak with Oz, Pernos, Poa, Ino, destroy 3 power generators, and then finally destroy the Abyss Gate.
The Abyss Gate and different colored power generators will all be located in Timolia Mine. Continue on the path through the mine until you reach a large room. This room is where you will find the items that need to be destroyed.
Barring the Gate
After talking to the Mercenary Captain Kalio in Akarios Village it is time to head over to the Malponeh’s
Campsite. Simply follow the main road deeped into Poeta and the camp will be on your right. Once you are at the camp talk to Oz. After talking to Oz head up the main road further until you reach Pernos. You will then be directed further up the same road to speak with Poa who stands near the entrance to the mine. The final person you need to speak with is Ino and he will be inside the mine itself. After you talk to everyone and destroy the power generators and Abyss Gate head back over to Kalio for a reward.
The Mercenary Captain Kalio will reward your player after completing the Barring the Gate quest. Kalio will be in Akarios Village with a
hovering yellow icon above his head indicating his need to talk to you. He will then give you 11,500 experience, 1,100 kinah and your choice of 1 of the following armor pieces for your character:
- Mercenary’s Tunic
- Mercenary’s Mail
- Mercenary’s Jerkin
This post is part of the series: Aion Quest Guides
- Aion: Entering Poeta Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Ascension Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta A Ceremony in Sanctum Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Neutralizing Odium Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Illegal Logging Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Request of the Elim Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta The Kerub Threat Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Kalio’s Call Quest Guide
- Aion: Wedding Ring Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Barring the Gate Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Timolia Mine Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Melponeh’s Campsite Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Namus Diary Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Daminu Forest Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Cliona Lake Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Mune Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Akarios Village Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Polinia Quest Guide
- Aion: Poeta Kales Quest Guide and A New Skill
- Aion: Where is Tutty Quest Guide and Walkthrough
- Aion: Missing Poppy Quest Walkthrough
- Aion: Ancient Lobnite Fossil Quest Walkthrough
- Aion: How to get into the Abyss