RPG Maker VX
RPG Maker VX was developed by Enterbrain as the latest entries in the RPG Maker series. It allows just about anyone to create their own RPG game. In case you are still new to this software, I strongly suggest reading my other articles on this topic as creating a game for brand new users can be a rather difficult task.
RPG Maker VX Tileset Generator
I’m sure most of you have heard of the RPG Maker VX character generator but how many have heard about the tileset generator for RPG Maker VX?
I stumbled on this website as I was looking for new resources for RPG Maker VX and as it turns out, it allows you to generate all sorts of roofs tileset.
The Generator (RPG Maker VX Tileset Generator)
First of all, you’ll need to head to the website itself: RPG Maker VX Tileset Generator.
Once you get there, everything is in Japanese but don’t worry, I’ll translate everything for you (click on the picture to see it in full size).
A. This is just the title of the webpage: Roof Generator.
B. This is a bit more tricky. It essentially says that this generator will allow you to change the type and the color the roof of your choice. The result will fit nicely with the RPG Maker VX RTP. The tileset is an extension of KGC’s creation. You’ll need to choose the roof type that you are looking for as well as the color.
C. Simply says: color sample
D. Says: roof types
E. Explains how to use the generator.
Using the Generator (RPG Maker VX Tileset Generator)
Using the generator is actually very simple.
Scroll down a bit and you’ll find the settings for the generator. Each one of the 屋根１、屋根２、屋根３ and 屋根４ represent roof of different shapes.
1. This refers to the type of roof type you’re looking for (the pattern). Choose one of the 13 types (as seen on top of the webpage).
2. Is the color number, this once again refers to the color sample at the top of the article. Choose an approximate number to determine which color you’d like your roof to have.
3. Is the brightness of the roof.
4. Is the color saturation.
5. Determines the “sharpness” of the image.
6. Ticking this box will arrange the art in a TileE fashion.
7. Click this button to generate your roofs.
Once you’re done with your selection, click the button identified as “7” and there you are, your very own custom roofs:
The generator wasn’t coded by the author of this article. JUNKHUNT is the sole author of the generator. In case you use this generator, please mention the author’s name in the credits of your game as it’s always appreciated.
This post is part of the series: RPG Maker VX Resources and Scripts
- A Tileset Generator for RPG Maker VX.
- A Character Generator for RPG Maker VX.
- A Mouse Script for RPG Maker VX.
- A Text Script for RPG Maker VX
- A Quest Journal Script for RPG Maker VX.