Editor’s Note: This is an older article, originally published in Dec, 2008. It has not been updated and contains outdated references. All the articles in this series have been archived and the comments have been closed.
You will have to arm yourself appropriately if you want your prayer abilities to be at their finest. Some items will make your prayers last longer. These are those amulets and weapons that will give you perks to your Prayer ability.
These amulets are specifically designed for one character or class in the game, but these are the ones that will give you a prayer bonus. Some will even give up to 8 extra points in that ability. They are truly great additions in your Prayer buffing challenge.
- Amulet of Power – This earns a prayer bonus of 1. It will give secondary bonuses of +6 to (each) Stab/Slice/Crush attack, magic attack, range attack, magic defense, range defense, and Stab/Slice/Crush defense. It has a +6 to strength too.
- Amulet of Glory – This earns a prayer bonus of 3. It will give secondary bonuses of +10 to (each) Stab/Slice/Crush attack, magic attack, range attack and +3 to magic defense, range defense, and Stab/Slice/Crush defense. There is also a +6 to strength.
- Salve Amulet – A prayer bonus of 4 is given. There is a +3 to Stab/Slice/Crush defense.
- Amulet of Fury – A prayer bonus of 5 is given. It will give secondary bonuses of +10 to (each) Stab/Slice/Crush attack, magic attack, range attack and +15 to magic defense, range defense, and Stab/Slice/Crush defense. There is also a +8 to strength.
- Holy Symbol of Saradomin – This has a prayer bonus of 8. It gives +3 to magic defense, range defense, and Stab/Slice/Crush defense.
- Unholy Symbol of Zamorak – This has a prayer bonus of 8. It gives +3 to magic attack, range attack, and Stab/Slice/Crush attack.
Prayer Weaponry (1-3 added points)
All of the weapons here, while some aren’t standard in being seen wielded by a priest or holy man, will all give something toward the Prayer skill.
- Bronze Mace, Iron Mace – These two will give the Prayer skill a +1. They are received from Flynn’s Maces.
- White Dagger, White Short Sword, White Long Sword, White Magic Staff, White Battleaxe, White Claws, White Two Handed Sword, White Halberd – These are all going to give a Prayer skill of +1. They are from the White Knight Armory.
- Steel Mace, Black Mace – These two will give the Prayer skill a +2. The steel mace is from Flynn’s Maces and the black mace is dropped by dark warriors.
- Mithril Mace, Adamant Mace – These two will give the Prayer skill a +3. They are both available at Flynn’s Maces.
- White Mace, White Warhammer, White Scimitar – These three will give you a +3 to Prayer skill. They are all available at the White Knight Armory.
Prayer Weaponry (4 or more points)
These items will all give at least 4 points if not more to your Prayer skill. These are some of the highest boosters in the game.
- Ancient Mace – This will give you a +4 to Prayer skill and is received after you are done with the Another Slice of H.A.M. quest.
- Rune Mace – This mace is going to give a +4 to the Prayer skill. You can get these from the Champion’s Guild.
- Dragon Mace – This mace is going to buff your Prayer skill by +5. It is from the Heroes’ Guild.
- Wolfbane Dagger – This weapon will give you a +5 Prayer skill. You will get this as an award from the Priest in Peril Quest.
- Toktz-mej-tal – This will give you a +5 to the Prayer skill. It is bought in TzHaar at the TzHaar-Hur-Tel’s Equipement Store.
- Verac’s Flail – This will give you a +6 to the Prayer skill. It is one of the Barrows reward. A great weapon, and a great boost to prayer.
- Crozier – This will give a +6 to the Prayer skill. It requires you to have a level 60 Prayer already and it is received from a Level 2 Treasure Trail reward.
You are allowed any type of weapon that you want, whether you choose to wear items that are designed to buff a particular skill or just an outfit that you particularly like that doesn’t really “help” you, is completely your choice. Don’t feel like you’ve got to have heaviest or best level of armor that is out there, you will have to play the game the way that you are going to have fun with it.
This article has been placed in our archives.
This post is part of the series: Runescape’s Prayer Skill
A guide to all things Prayer related in the free mmo game of Runescape.
- Part One of Runescape Skill Prayer: Getting Started
- Part Two of Runescape Skill Prayer: Bones
- Part Three of Runescape Skill Prayer: Main Prayers
- Part Five of Runescape Skill Prayer: Prayer Experience and Bonuses
- Part Six of Runescape Skill Prayer: Prayer Books
- Part Seven of Runescape Skill Prayer: Weaponry & Amulets
- 99 Prayer Guide: The Runescape Prayer Guide to Get 99 Prayer Fast