- slide 1 of 4
Catacombs of Kathandrax and Related Quests
There is not a better "free" MMORPG on the market than Guild Wars. With the newest expansion Eye of the North: Guild Wars players are offered a chance to enter the world of dungeons and receive new loot. Catacombs of Kathandrax is one such dungeon in Guild Wars that has impressive rewards for completing the dungeon or killing bosses. This dungeon consists of 3 floors where the final battle will find you face to face with the Lord of Fire Ilsundur. You will also see various imps, elementals, plants, and spiders that are levels 20 through 28 with the final boss, Ilsundur, being a level 29. Stop by and visit Sark the collector who will trade you a dungeon map or an item of your choice for 5 piles of Elemental Dust.
Swithin Nye is standing near the entrance to the Catacombs of Kathandrax and will give you the quest Kathandrax’s Crusher for this dungeon. Please note that the item you need to complete this quest is called Hammer of Kathandrax and not a “crusher”.
- slide 2 of 4
Location and Navigation of the Catacombs of Kathandrax
Finding your way to the location of and then navigating through any dungeon in Guild Wars can be a challenge in itself without mentioning the bosses, your henchmen not listening, and other problems that can arise. Dungeons are spread out all over Eye of the North in hidden locations that you must discover yourself. There will not be a marker on your map to the location of any dungeon unless you have taken your character to the spot and uncovered it. Here is a map of how to get from Doomlore Shrine and go through the Dalada Uplands and then Sacnoth Valley to finally reach the Catacombs of Kathandrax dungeon.
- slide 3 of 4
Light of Deldrimor Locations
Almost every dungeon in Eye of the North: Guild Wars has treasures to discover and allies to fight by your side. Catacombs of Kathandrax is no exception. If you carry the Light of Deldrimor skill on your skill bar and use it in the correct locations you will discover a whole new level of making gold in dungeons. Here are the Light of Deldrimor locations inside the Catacombs of Kathandrax.
- Near the area map right past the dungeon door will be a Hidden Treasure.
- The Beacon of Droknar by the north area map will have a Dwarven Ghost.
- In the furnace room there will be a Hidden Treasure by the south furnace.
- Again, in the furnace room is a Hidden Treasure between the furnaces.
- There is a Hidden Treasure in the room where you get the dungeon key.
- A Dwarven Ghost is hiding right above the dungeon key location at the Beacon of Droknar.
- The Beacon of Droknar next to the dungeon lock holds another Dwarven Ghost.
- Right before you exit this level through the portal there will be a room on your right where you can get a Hidden Treasure.
- The maps of the second floor will each have a Hidden Treasure.
- At the second res shrine you will see a hall, there is a Hidden Treasure in the middle.
- Get another Hidden Treasure that is behind the dungeon key.
There are two Hidden Treasures that are rare spawns on the second floor:
- Before dungeon gate
- In the lava
- The first Beacon of Droknar will hold a Hidden Treasure.
- After opening the boss lock go to the second room and get a Hidden Treasure.
- The third room will hold 1 or 2 Hidden Treasures.
- slide 4 of 4
Catacombs of Kathandrax Rewards
At the end of the Catacombs of Kathandrax a chest will spawn that is appropriately named Chest of Kathandrax. This chest will open one time for each person giving 2 items in hard mode and one in normal mode. This specific chest awards:
- Crafting Materials; Diamond or Onyx Gemstone
- Ruby Djinn Polymock Piece
- Gold Item; some exclusive to this dungeon include the Emerald Blade and Astral Staff
- Unique Item; Ilsundur’s Staff, Rod, or Focus.
Upon completion of the Catacombs of Kathandrax you will also receive 2250 Ebon Vanguard reputation points in hard mode and 1500 in normal mode. These numbers are cut in half for additional dungeon completions with your character. A good skill to bring for yourself and your heroes is Frigid Armor that will protect you while fighting the final boss.