Exceptional Unique Shields in Diablo 2: From Visceratuant to Radament’s Sphere

Basics

Exceptional unique items are some of the most highly sought after items in the game. If you are seeking the best items for your character, here are some to consider.

Exceptional Unique Shields

Visceratuant

Visceratuant is a Defender with 100-125 defense and a base defense of 41-49. It has a required level of 28 and a required strength of 38. It has a durability of 68 and a paladin smite damage of 8-12. The chance to block is 70% for Paladins, 65% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 60% for Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress’. Its special buffs are +100-150% enhanced defense, 30% increased chance of blocking, 30% faster block rate, +1 to sorceress skill, and attacker takes lightning damage of 10.

Moser’s Blessed Circle

Moser’s Blessed Circle is a Round shield with 156-179 defense and a base defense of 47-55. It has a required level of 31 and a required strength of 53. It has a durability of 64 and a paladin smite damage of 7-14. The chance to block is 67% for Paladins, 62% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 57% for Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress’. Its special buffs are that its socketed (2), all resistances +25, 30% faster block rate, +25% increased chance of blocking, and +180-220% enhanced defense.

Stormchaser

Stormchaser is a Scutum with 161-198 defense and a base defense of 53-61. It has a required level of 35 and a required strength of 71. It has a durability of 62 and a paladin smite damage of 11-15. The chance to block is 64% for Paladins, 59% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 54% for Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress’. Its special buffs are +160-220% enhanced defense, +20% increased chance of blocking, 4% chance to cast a level 5 tornado when struck, 4% chance to cast a level 6 blizzard when struck, 10% faster block rate, +150 to attack rating, lightning resist +50%, half freeze duration, and it adds 1-60 lightning damage.

Tiamat’s Rebuke

Tiamat’s Rebuke is a Dragon shield with 163-204 defense and a base defense of 59-67. It has a required level of 38 and a required strength of 91. It has a durability of 116 and a paladin smite damage of 15-24. Its chance to block is 48% for Paladins, 43% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 38% Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress’. Its special buffs are +140-200% enhanced defense, all resistances +25-35%, a 3% chance to cast a level 6 hydra when struck, 3% chance to cast a level 7 nova when struck, 3% chance to cast a level 9 frost nova when struck, adds 1-120 lightning damage, adds 35-95 fire damage, and adds 27-53 cold damage over 6 seconds.

Lance Guard

Lance Guard is a Barbed shield with 134-173 defense and a base defense of 58-78. It has a required level of 35 and a required strength of 65. It has a durability of 55 and a paladin smite damage of 18-35. Its chance to block is 47% to Paladins, 42% to Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 37% to Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress’. Its special buffs are attacker takes damages of 47, +50 to life, 20% deadly strike, 30% faster hit recovery, 15% damage taken goes to mana, and 70-120% enhanced defense.

Gerke’s Sanctuary

Gerke’s Sanctuary is a Pavise with a 221-268 defense and a base defense of 68-78. It has a required level of 44 and a required strength of 133. It has a durability 172 and a paladin smite damage of 10-17. There is a chance to block of 84% to Paladins, 79% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 74% to Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress’.

Its special buffs are +180-240% enhanced defense, +30% increased chance of blocking, all resistances +20-30, replenish life +15, damage reduced by 11-16, and magic damage reduced by 14-18.

Lidless Wall

Lidless Wall is a Grim shield with a 271-347 defense and a base defense of 50-150. It has a required level of 41 and a required strength of 58. It has a durability of 70 and a paladin smite damage of 14-20. It has a chance to block of 50% for Paladins, 45% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 40% for Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress’. Its special buffs are +1 to light radiusm +10 to energy, +3-5 to mana after each kill, 20% faster cast rate, increased maximum mana 10%, +1 to all skills, and +80-130% enhanced defense.

Radament’s Sphere

Radament’s Sphere is an Ancient shield with a 244-282 defense and a base defense of 80-93. It has a required level of 50 and a required strength of 110. It has a durability of 100 and a paladin smite damage of 12-16. It has a chance to block of 66% for Paladins, 61% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 56% to Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress’. Its special buffs are +160-200% enhanced defense, +20% increased chance of blocking, +20% faster block rate, 5% chance to cast a level 5 poison nova when struck, 40 charges of level 6 poison explosion, poison resist +75%, and +80 poison damage over four seconds.

This post is part of the series: Diablo 2 Item Guide

This Diablo 2 Item Guide covers all the items you could ever need in Diablo 2!
  1. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Normal Unique Staves
  2. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Normal Unique Shields
  3. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Normal Unique Wands in Diablo 2
  4. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Normal Unique Daggers in Diablo 2
  5. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Normal Unique Belts in Diablo 2
  6. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Normal Unique Spears in Diablo 2
  7. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Normal Unique Scepters in Diablo 2
  8. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Normal Unique Helms in Diablo 2
  9. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Unique Amazon Items
  10. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Unique Druid Items
  11. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Unique Barbarian Items
  12. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Unique Paladin Items
  13. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Unique Sorceress Items
  14. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Unique Assassin Items
  15. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Unique Amulets
  16. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Unique Rings
  17. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Unique Jewels- Rainbow Facets
  18. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Elite Unique Shields
  19. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Elite Unique Boots in Diablo 2
  20. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Elite Unique Helms in Diablo 2
  21. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Elite Unique Armor in Diablo 2
  22. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Exceptional Unique Helms
  23. Diablo 2 Item Guide: Exceptional Unique Shields in Diablo 2
  24. Elite Maces in Diablo 2
  25. Necromancer Unique Items in Diablo 2
  26. Normal Unique Crossbows in Diablo 2
  27. Normal Unique Bows in Diablo 2
  28. Exceptional Unique Crossbows in Diablo 2
  29. Exceptional Unique Spears in Diablo 2
  30. Exceptional Unique Gloves in Diablo 2
  31. Exceptional Unique Belts in Diablo 2
  32. Exceptional Unique Wands in Diablo 2