There are many different dragons in Runescape, but do you know about them all? This will tell you all about them. Dragons are an important part of the Runescape game play. They drop items that are important to the player and can be the source of fueling up the Dragonfire shield. Do you know where the dragons are and what different types there are in the free mmo game of Runescape? After reading this, you will.
The Baby Dragons
These are the baby dragons that you will find in the game of Runescape. These are going to be for members accounts only.
- Baby Black Dragon – This has a combat score of 83 with 80 hitpoints. You will find it in the chaos tunnels and the Lair of the Evil Chicken. It has an aggressive melee combat to your player. It will drop charms and baby dragon bones.
- Baby Blue Dragon – This has a combat score of 48 with 50 hitpoints. You will find this dragon in the Taverley dungeon. It has an aggressive melee combat to your player. It will drop baby dragon bones.
- Baby Red Dragon – This has a combat score of 48 with it having 68 hitpoints. You can locate these in SW Brimhaven and in the Brimhaven dungeon. It has an aggressive melee attack. It drops baby dragon bones.
Regular Dragons Under 100 Hitpoints
These are the lower level dragons that have under 100 hitpoints for characters to slay. These are the dragons that aren’t babies that are scattered throughout Runescape. Only the ones labeled “Dragon” with no other name will be for F2P players.
- Dragon – This dragon is found during the Learning the Ropes Tutorial. Its combat and hitpoints aren’t applicable.
- Dragon Imp – This comes from the Puro Puro area and from all over Runescape. These are for F2P as well. They need a net and a jar to catch, along with 83 Hunting skill.
- Green Dragon – These have a combat number of 79 and 75 hitpoints. These are for members. They are found in the wilderness, south of the lava maze. They use a combination of melee and magic attacks.
Regular Dragons Between 100-200 Hitpoints
These are the midrange dragons that aren’t the hardest ones to kill in the game. These are for members paid characters only to slay.
- Black Dragon – These dragons have 190 hitpoints and a combat score of 227. These dragons are in the Evil Chicken lair, the Lava Maze dungeon, and in the Taverley dungeon.
- Blue Dragon – These dragons have a combat number of 111 and around 108 hitpoints of health. These are found in Southern Taverley and the Taverley dungeon, south of Yanille, and Heroes’ Guild. These drop gems, charms, coins, runes, and high end armor.
- Bronze Dragon – These are going to have 130 hitpoints and a combat number of 131. They are in the chaos tunnels, Brimhaven Dungeon, and toward the east section of the black demons. They use a combination of melee and magic towards its battle opponents.
- Brutal Green Dragon – These have a combat score of 227 and have 175 hit points. You’ll find these in Ancient Cavern. It has both a magic and a melee attack.
- Revenant Dragon – These have a combat score of 135 and 155 hitpoints. These are found in the Wilderness area of Runescape. It is an undead ghost dragon.
- Iron Dragon – These have a combat of 189 and hitpoints of 173. It is in the Brimhaven Dungeon. It too uses magic and melee attacks in battle.
- Red Dragon – These dragons have 145 hitpoints and 152 in combat. They are in the Brimhaven Dungeon and Red Dragon Isle. They only use melee attacks.
Regular Dragons Over 200 Hitpoints
These are the highest level of dragons in the game. They are for members paid accounts only.
- Steel Dragon – These have a combat number of 246 and have 220 hitpoints. They are found south of the black demons and around the Brimhaven Dungeon. They drop charms and runes, high end armor, and rare items.
- King Black Dragon – This has a combat number of 276 and has 240 hitpoints. These types of dragons are in the Level 41 wilderness and in the Lava Maze. The best drops are key halfs, king black dragon heads, and Draconic visage. It will attack with melee and with magic.
- Mithril Dragon – This has a combat number of 304 and has 254 hitpoints. These dragons are in the Ancient cavern. It will attack with melee, magic, and ranged weaponry. It drops many things, the higher end is clue scrolls and rune weaponry.
As you can see there are several different types of dragons in the game. Where they are will help you avoid stumbling on one that you are ill equipped to fight. Also, if you want to go looking for a specific type, this can help you hunt one down. Good luck, and happy gaming.
This post is part of the series: Runescape Dragons
Your guide to the dragons of Runescape.