Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 5 is a superbly dark game. The latest installment in the third-person survival horror series is a gorgeous looking title set in the deserts of Africa. Chris Redfield and Sheva Alomar have to fight their way through shanty towns filled with a new breed of zombies. The enemies are fast, sometimes they are armed and there are big boss monsters that provide a ferocious challenge. It is an extremely exciting and engaging game but it is far from easy so here are a few cheats and tips to help you get through.
Unlockable Content in Resident Evil 5
There are no traditional cheat codes in Resident Evil 5 but there are all sorts of unlockable features. We also have some tips to help you out. Here are the details on Resident Evil 5 unlockables.
- History of Resident Evil - complete the game on any difficulty
- Mercenary Mode - complete the game on any difficulty
- New Game Plus -complete the game on any difficulty
- Play as Sheva - complete the game on any difficulty
- Professional Difficulty - complete the game on veteran difficulty
Characters and Outfits
- Chris Safari Outfit - Obtain an A Rank or higher in The Village.
- Chris Stars Outfit - Obtain an A Rank or higher in Experimental Facility.
- Jill Battle Outfit - Obtain an A Rank or higher in Ship Deck.
- Jill BSAA Outfit - Obtain an A Rank or higher in Public Assembly.
- Sheva Clubin Outfit - Obtain an A Rank or higher in Ancient Ruins.
- Sheva Tribal Outfit - Obtain an A Rank or higher in Missile Area.
- Wesker Midnight Outfit - Obtain an A Rank or higher in The Mines.
- Wesker STARS Outfit - Obtain an A Rank or higher in The Prison.
Weapons and Ammunition
- Unlimited Ammo - Max out the upgrades for a gun and you’ll have unlimited ammunition for it.
- Unlock the Gatling Gun - Fully upgrade the VZ61 Machine Gun (only Chris can use this weapon).
- Unlock the Hydra Triple Barrel Shotgun - Fully upgrade the Ithaca M93 Shotgun.
- Unlock the Longbow - Fully upgrade the S75 Rifle (only Sheva can use this weapon).
- Unlock the M93R Pistol Samarai Edge Custom - Fully upgrade the M92F Pistol.
- Unlock the Smith and Wesson M500 Hand Cannon - Fully upgrade the SW M29 Magnum.
Resident Evil 5 Cheat Tips
Resident Evil 5 can be tough going so here are a few tips to help you in your quest to complete this scary horror game.
Healing – always stand next to your partner when healing and you’ll both get the benefit.
Double your Stuff – Start a game and invite another player. Once they have joined equip their inventory and then get them to leave again. They will be replaced by the AI. Take all items from the AI and then re-invite the player and they will rejoin with the stuff intact. You can repeat this to duplicate your stuff over and over. You can also do it with treasure items to boost your cash reserves.
Easy Money – Play any chapter and collect as much treasure and cash as you possibly can. Pause the game, quit and save when prompted. Now restart any chapter and you’ll find all the items you collected retained in your inventory and ready to use in the opening shop screen. This should help you build up the cash to upgrade all your weapons.