Story Completion Achievements
To jump right in, these Gears of War 3 Achievements are unlocked just by progressing through the story. A couple of the later ones require specific difficulty modes, but that's the only optional thing about them. As long as you play through the game, you'll unlock all of these.
- Marcus, It's Your Father – 5 GP – Complete the Prologue
- Swimmin' in Glowie Gravy – 10 GP – Complete Act 1 Chapter 2
- We Struck Gold, Son! – 10 GP – Complete Act 1 Chapter 3
- My Turf! Cougars Territory! – 10 GP – Complete Act 1 Chapter 5
- Putting it Scientifically… – 10 GP – Complete Act 1 Chapter 6
- Okay, Now We Find Hoffman – 10 GP – Complete Act 2 Chapter 1
- Oh Yeah, It's Pirate Time – 10 GP – Complete Act 2 Chapter 5
- Thanks For Flying GasBag Airways – 10 GP – Complete Act 2 Chapter 7
- Anvil Gate's Last Resort – 10 GP – Complete Act 3 Chapter 1
- Was it Good For You? – 10 GP – Complete Act 3 Chapter 2
- Lost Your Good Driver Discount – 10 GP – Complete Act 3 Chapter 3
- Brothers to the End – 10 GP – Complete Act 3 Chapter 5
- Think You Can Handle That? – 10 GP – Complete Act 4 Chapter 3
- Baird's Favorite Kind of Toy – 10 GP – Complete Act 4 Chapter 5
- Welcome to -redacted- – 10 GP – Complete Act 4 Chapter 6
- Look at That, Instant Summer. – 10 GP – Complete Act 5 Chapter 2
- Ok. Faith. Yeah. Got It. – 10 GP – Complete Act 5 Chapter 5
- You're Dead! Now Stay Dead! – 10 GP – Complete Act 5 Chapter 6
- Ready for More – 50 GP – Complete all Acts on Casual or Normal
- Ain't My First Rodeo – 50 GP – Complete all Acts on Hardcore
- That's Just Crazy – 75 GP – Complete all Acts on Insane
- My Fellow Gears – 50 GP – Complete all Acts in Co-Op mode
- We Few, We Happy Few… – 50 GP – Complete all Acts in 4-player Co-Op mode
One thing to note is that these achievements can be completed on either standard play or in arcade mode. The only requirement is that you complete the acts and chapters specified.
Collectable and Level Achievements
Now on to some more optional achievements! Some of these are harder than others, of course, but they're completionist achievements. This first section is about the achievements you get for collecting the various collectible pickups through the game. COG tags and other completionist items can be found scattered around the campaign. Find them all and you'll unlock these achievements and earn their gamer score.
- Collector – 5 GP – Recover 5 Collectables
- Pack Rat – 10 GP – Recover 20 Collectables
- Hoarder – 15 GP – Recover 42 Collectables
- Remember the Fallen – 15 GP – Recover 15 COG tags
These can be done on any difficultry, in standard or arcade mode. The only important bit is that you find and collect the items.
These next achievements are for leveling up in the course of playing the game, more specifically, the multiplayer modes. Earn levels by participating in game modes and killing your foes.
- Level 5 – 5 GP – Reach level 5
- Level 10 – 10 GP – Reach level 10
- Level 15 – 15 GP – Reach level 15
- Level 25 – 25 GP – Reach level 25
- Level 50 – 50 GP – Reach level 50
Easy, huh? Play and play and you'll eventually get them, no matter how bad at the game you are. Of course, good players will earn the achievements faster and move on to other things, but that's not really the point. Play the game to have fun, not to earn the achievements, those will come naturally.
Multiplayer and Game Mode Achievements
The rest of these achievements vary wildly in difficulty. Some of them are easy, like earning a bronze medal. Others can get harder, all the way up to Seriously 3.0, which is insane. Ever earned an Onyx medal? Know how long it took? To get Seriously 3.0 you have to earn all of them. We'll have a dedicated guide for that soon.
- Judge, Jury, and Executioner – 10 GP – Get a kill with every possible execution finishing move
- Wrecking Locust – 10 GP – Get a kill with every Locust monster in Beast mode
- Enriched and Fortified – 10 GP – Complete all 50 waves of Horde mode
- It's All About the Loot! – 25 GP – Earn the Bronze "Loot Courtesan" medal
- All for One, One for All – 10 GP – Earn the Bronze "Force Multiplier" medal
- First Among Equals – 25 GP – Earn the Silver "Number 1" medal
- Award Winning Tactics – 25 GP – Earn at least one Onyx medal
- Seriously 3.0 – 100 GP – Reach level 100 and earn every Onyx medal (This will take you forever. Seriously. Check our linked guide to see.)
- Welcome to Versus – 10 GP – Kill 10 enemies in Team Deathmatch
- The Versus Sampler Platter – 10 GP – Complete one match of all six Versus game modes
- Welcome to Horde Mode – 10 GP – Survive the first 10 waves of Horde mode
- Welcome to Beast Mode – 10 GP – Survive all 12 waves of Beast mode
- Welcome to Arcade Mode – 10 GP – Complete 5 Arcade Campaign chapters in co-op
- Welcome to the Big Leagues – 0 GP – Demonstrate your skill in Casual Versus multiplayer (Not a typo: This one is really worth 0. You get it for playing casual mode, or just automatically for having achievements in one of the previous Gears games.)
- Wait, What Time is it? – 10 GP – Earn the maximum Consecutive Match Bonus in Versus multiplayer
- Lambency – 50 GP – Execute an Epic employee, or someone who already has Lambency, in Versus multiplayer
- Socialite – 70 GP – Earn the Onyx "War Supporter" medal. (This one is for participating in Epic-hosted Events. Good luck if you get the game next year.)
And finally, the one secret achievement the game has to offer:
- Respect for the Dead – 5 GP – Your respect for the dead earned you access to Griffin's special weapons stash. (To complete this, in the city of the dead, don't destroy anything. Your NPCs can, but you can't hit anything with a bullet or grenade. Show your respect.)
So there you have it! All the achievements in Gears of War 3 laid out at your fingertips. All you have to do is the hard part — Earn them all.
- Source: Xbox360Achievements.org
- Images of Gears of War 3 Copyright of Epic Games
- Source: User's own experience