Rift is a new online fantasy MMORPG from Trion Worlds. The exact release date for the online game has not yet been announced, though it is expected to be sometime in 2011. The beta for Rift will start in December 2010.
Once released, Rift will be available for purchase as a digital download or as a boxed game from a game retailer. It will have a subscription fee per month, but the exact price is not yet known.
Rift: Planes of Telara Classes and Callings
Rift has an Ascended class system with callings and classes giving players the ability to play in their own unique way and style.
The main callings that are available in Rift include: Warrior, Cleric, Rogue, and Mage. From there, these callings have classes that divide the callings up to their own path.
The Rift Planes of Telara classes revealed so far are:
- Champion – powerful warriors that are strong at melee combat. They use 2 handed weapons, and are excellent fighters. They have high strength and can move very quickly.
- Reaver – warriors that specialize in damage over time effects that are able to weaken their opponent’s mind and body.
- Paladin – use large shields and divine blessings against their enemies. They are also able to extend their blessings to their nearby allies.
- Warlord – warriors that are able to inspire their allies to victory, and put their enemies into submission.
- Purifier – this cleric class is a master of fire and are even able to burn away the diseases that their allies get. Great for a unique cleric out of the Rift Planes of Telara classes available.
- Inquisitor – these clerics are great in one-on-one combat and use a mixture of life and death magic that is able to steal their enemy’s strengths and make it their own.
- Sentinel – this is a defensive cleric that is fantastic at group support tasks. They are able to aid the weak and help make their group come out of battle alive.
- Justicar – this is a type of cleric that fights with their allies in combat, but also heals their group when dealing damage to their enemies in combat.
- Nightblade – this type of rogue is a master of the blade and can draw upon fire and death magic to deal extra damage. Their stealth can also extinguish enemies quickly and silently.
- Ranger – this rogue is an expert archer and are also able to have an animal companion that joins them in battle.
- Assassin – this rogue is an expert at stealth and can launch surprise attacks on their enemies with their daggers.
- Blade Dancer – this rogue has a supernatural agility that enables them to deal devastating damage in combat. Great for a unique rogue out of the Rift Planes of Telara classes available.
- Elementalist – this type of mage is extremely powerful at elemental damage and summoning them to physical form to aid them in combat.
- Warlock – this mage deals curses that deals damage over time to their enemies, and also have the ability to deal large amounts of damage to a single foe at one time.
- Pyromancer – mage that is an expert at dealing damage with fire.
- Stormcaller – mage that is able to use air and water magic at their disposal to deal damage.
More classes will be revealed for each of the callings closer to the release date.
How to Sign up for Rift: Planes of Telara Beta
The first beta for Rift: Planes of telara will be available on December 3, 2010. To sign up to be the first to see the new world of Telara, visit: https://www.riftgame.com/en/beta/ and sign up. Just because you apply doesn’t mean you will be accepted, so be sure to fill in all of the information about your gaming history when applying. Good luck!