The Finger of Suspicion - Introduction
You can get this quest after you are allowed to visit Caesar at the Legion Fort. Inside Caesar’s tent, you’ll find Vulpes Inculta beside the throne (obviously he won’t be there if you killed him in Nipton). Talk to Vulpes after you prove your loyalty to Caesar to learn about a bit of trouble that they’re having in New Vegas. An informant will probably be killed if you don’t step in and help her. This is a pretty straightforward mission and it won’t take too long to complete. Bring a good weapon and go back to New Vegas.
The Finger of Suspicion - A Quick Rescue
Once you’re back in New Vegas, walk further along the strip to the Vault 21 Gift Shop. Go inside and head downstairs into the hotel portion of the vault. You should have a maker on your map for one of the hotel rooms just past the big recreation area. Walk past the crowd until you make it to the room.
Inside, you’ll find three Omerta thugs holding Martina Groesbeck at gunpoint. If you plan to attack them, I suggest that you just attack them from behind. No reason to keep things fair if you’re just going to kill them. Along that line, killing them is a fine solution. There should be one thug armed with a knife, or other melee weapon, and two thugs with guns. Take out the melee thug quickly in VATS to clear your line of sight, then pick off the other two in whatever order you wish. If you have a shotgun or a decent melee weapon, they should actually die really quickly. They’re just wearing basic suits and I assume you have some basic armor that you can wear along with a half decent weapon. Your biggest problem will probably be avoiding friendly fire in these tight quarters.
You have a few additional options if you don’t want to fight, and Vulpes will be a little happier with these solutions.
If you’ve completed “How Little We Know” in any way, then there will be a special option in which you can point out that you know their bosses quite well. By calling in this favor, they’ll back down without firing a shot.
If you have 50 points in Speech, you can scare them by claiming that she’s a Legion agent. This will convince them to back down and also end the confrontation without firing a shot.
The Finger of Suspicion - Wrapup
Once the men are taken care of, talk to Martina Groesbeck. All you really need to do is talk to her and confirm that she’s alright. If you choose to ask her about her role with the Legion, she’ll just be surprised and state that she works with Captain Curtis and the NCR. Things have gotten a little interesting, it seems.
Head back to the Legion Fort and talk to Vulpes Inculta to confirm that Curtis is a deep cover agent for the Legion. Since you already know his identity, you’ll be allowed to help him with his latest sabotage project in the Legion side of “I Put a Spell on You.”
This post is part of the series: Fallout New Vegas Walkthroughs
Take a look at this large collection of Fallout New Vegas walkthroughs to save time working your way through the game.
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Ant Misbehavin'
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Killing Motor-Runner
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Hard Luck Blues
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Anywhere I Wander
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Vikki and Vance’s Gun
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - The Finger of Suspicion
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Lily’s Companion Quest
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Captain Parker’s Investigation
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Pressing Matters
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - You Can Depend on Me
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Birds of a Feather
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - No, Not Much
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Flags of Our Foul-Ups
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Ranger Morales' Body
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - I Fought the Law
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Boulder City Showdown
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - We Are Legion
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - My Kind of Town
- Fallout: New Vegas Walkthrough - Can You Find It in Your Heart?