Cheating in Crysis!
Crysis is an open ended first-person shooter set in a fictional future, on an island near the Philippines where an ancient alien spaceship has been discovered. Players take on the role of a Delta Force operative called Jake Dunn or Nomad, who has been equipped with a military Nano suit and sent to investigate. Fighting against the Korean People’s Army, the player has a wide range of weaponry at their disposal, and there are several vehicles in the game. The single player features an involved plot and tactical game-play, and the AI enemies display a range of interesting and challenging behavior.
This was developed by Far Cry creators, Crytek and as you’d expect it is visually stunning. The gameplay is varied and allows for a range of approaches in order to progress. There is also a multiplayer mode which allows up to 32 players to face off in battle. It is a fairly challenging game, so you might be interested in employing some tweaks and cheats to help you finish it. You may also want to check out our Crysis review.
Devmodes are included in games for the developers to test various features before release, but if you are willing to enter some commands, you can take advantage of various cheats to help you with the game. To activate devmode, right click on the game launch icon and add –devmode to your command line parameter. You can then use the following keystrokes in the game for their respective cheat commands:
- Toggle first and third person view – F1
- Jump to next checkpoint – F2
- Jump to previous checkpoint – F10
- Toggle fly and ghost modes – F3
- Get missile launcher, shotgun and alien MOAC – Keypad 1
- Unlimited ammunition – Keypad 2
- Debug menu – Keypad Enter
You can also either navigate to the config files in the game folder and edit them or use the tilde key ~ to bring up the command console in game.
This is the easiest way to tweak your game, and you can bring the command console up by pressing the “~" key. Once you have done that, enter “con_restricted 0" and then you can use the commands listed below.
- God Mode – g_godMode = 1
- Unlimited Ammunition – i_unlimitedammo = 1
- Instant Health Regeneration – g_playerSuitArmorModeHealthRegenTime = 0
- Multiply Punch Strength – cl_strengthscale = 1 (change number)
- No energy loss – g_suitCloakEnergyDrainAdjuster = 0
- No energy cost – g_suitRecoilEnergyCost = 0
- Run Speed – g_suitSpeedMult = 2.85 (change number)
- Increase Armor – g_suitArmorHealthValue = 900.0
- Instant Energy Regeneration – g_playerSuitEnergyRechargeTimeArmor = 0
- Extra Health – g_playerHealthValue = 900.0
- AI Ignores Player – ai_IgnorePlayer = 1
- No Weapon Limit – i_noweaponlimit = 1
- Unlimited Night Vision – hud_nightVisionConsumption = 0
- Edit Time Passing Speed – time_scale = 1 (change number)
- Set Swim Speed – pl_swimBaseSpeed = 4 (change number)
- Walking Speed – g_walkmultiplier = 1 (change number)
- Toggle Vehicle Invincibility – v_goliathmode = 1 (0 to turn off)
- Koreans Speak in Korean – ai_UseAlternativeReadability = 0
If you want to equip yourself with specific items or weapons then type “i_giveitem" followed by the relevant code as listed below. Having trouble deciding what weapon to go for? Check out our Crysis Weapons Guide.
- Anti-Vehicle Mine – AVMine
- Assault Scope – AssaultScope
- C4 and Detonator – C4
- Claymore – Claymore
- Flashbang – FlashbangGrenade
- Gauss Rifle – GaussRifle
- Grenade – FragGrenade
- Grenade Launcher – GrenadeLauncher
- Korean Rifle – FY71
- Laser Aiming – LAMRifle
- Minigun – Hurricane
- Pistol – SOCOM
- Rocket Launcher – LAW
- Shotgun – Shotgun
- Smoke Grenade – SmokeGrenade
- Sniper Rifle – DSG1
- Sniper Scope – SniperScope
- Standard U.S. Rifle – SCAR
- Submachine Gun – SMG
- Tac Gun – TACGun
You can also enter commands directly into the config files, and there are four in total for different levels of difficulty. You can find them here – C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Game\Config and the files are called diff_easy.cfg, diff_normal.cfg, diff_hard.cfg and diff_bauer.cfg.