This article is the final culmination of a four part series examining the Daedra Lord Quests in The Elder Scrolls:Oblivion. In part one, we examined the Daedra and talked a little about them specifically. In part two we looked at the first six Daedra Lord quests, where to find them and what they gave as rewards. In part three we continued with six more Daedra Lords, each possibly harder but with just as nice items upon completion of their tasks. In this final episode of this series, we will talk about the last three Daedra Lords. And as you’ll see, there is definitely a reason why these three are the last.
And Then There Were Three…
So now that we’ve come down to the last three, its important to understand that these are required to be the last three. They all require that you be at least level 20, and the last one – Hermaeus Mora – cannot be done early. So without further ado:
- Boethia – Rather far to get to, the shrine is southeast of Cheydinhall, and I recommend just walking straight that direction until you see the icon in front of you. You’ll need a Daedra heart to talk to this Daedra Lord – kind of ironic, isn’t it? – but the task you’re given is a great deal larger than any other so far. You will have to fight 10 battles to be exact, but the reward is an awesome sword called "Goldbrand", which does an impressive fixed 22 points of damage each hit.
- Clavicus Vile – This shrine is found southwest of the Imperial City, but you should have probably found it before this – even if by accident. Hopefully by now you have enough money, because the Daedra Lord wants 500 gold just to speak to him. The fight you have to do however is one of the hardest in the game. This is one of the few times you may not want to take back an item to the shrine to complete the quest, but if you do you’ll receive the "Masque of Clavicus Vile". I’ll leave it to you however to decide which is the best course.
The Last of Them All
Hermaeus Mora is the one Daedra Lord whom you cannot approach until all other quests are finished successfully. Hopefully by now you’ve acquired a great deal of nice items from previous shrines. There are a few other requirements however:
- You must be level 21 or higher.
- You must have reached the "Blood of the Daedra" portion of the main quest.
- You have to have completed ALL of the other Daedra Lord quests.
- You must go to sleep – no kidding.
When you wake up, someone comes by nicely enough to say you’re summoned to the Daedra Lord Shrine. There’s no offering to make, but the task is difficult enough. The reward however is incredibly nice. Its a book, that once read – and after you make a choice – increases select ability scores permanently by 10 points each.
As you can see, making it through all of these quests can be an ordeal. But by the time you’re done, you have amazing equipment, have probably made a good deal of gold, and have advanced significantly in your abilities.
This post is part of the series: Guide To Daedra Quests in Oblivion
- A Basic Daedra Walkthrough
- Daedric Quests in Oblivion: An Easy Way to Get Powerful Rewards- Part 1
- Daedric Quests in Oblivion: An Easy Way to Get Powerful Rewards- Part 2
- Daedric Quests in Oblivion: An Easy Way to Get Powerful Rewards- Part 3
- Daedric Quests in Oblivion: An Easy Way to Get Powerful Rewards – Part 4