About Midnight Mysteries – The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy
In this hidden object game, a writer must help the ghost of Edgar Allan Poe solve the mystery of his murder. With the use of a supernatural pocket watch, ghostly guides and the help of a raven you hope to find the clues to put this case at rest and free Edgar Allan Poe’s spirit from an eternity of hell.
Basic Game Play
The majority of the Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy game is focused on finding hidden objects. In each scene, a list of items you need to find will appear at the bottom of the screen. To help you out, a hint button is available that triggers a raven to fly over to the location of an object you are trying to locate. The hint button constantly refreshes about every twenty seconds. For additional hints, you can also find another hidden raven in the current scene you are exploring.
Other objects you need to find are located with the use of tools. Note: Tools are picked up as a part of your hidden item list. These special hidden objects are located in sections of the scene that can be explored more closely. Identify them when your mouse pointer becomes a blue gear icon. Click, and then another mini scene will appear. Interact with the screen by selecting the appropriate tool from your inventory and clicking on it. When completed, you will go back to the original scene.
New areas become available after all hidden objects have been found in your current location. Look for some blue highlighting and point the mouse in that direction. Early in the game, Edgar Allan Poe’s ghost will also give you his pocketwatch. This is will be used throughout the game to travel through time to different areas of his life to find clues to solve the mystery.
Uncovering items with the use of tools reveals clues to help you move closer to solving Midnight Mysteries – The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy. These clues are used to solve other puzzles like unlocking doors and revealing other hidden locations. Click on your inventory to pull up the clue item while trying to solve the puzzle. If you are not sure what to do, the raven can also help by giving you hints or pointing you to the right spot.
- This game does not have a time limit. Explore each scene carefully and use the raven to help you find objects on the list you are unsure of.
- If you try to use the wrong tool, there is no penalty and it will be placed back into your inventory.
- Too many incorrect clicks on screen will result in a black cat chasing away the raven temporarily.
- In the section where you and a bunch of other people need to cross the river, only three can go on the boat at a time. On the first trip click on you, the boatman and a kid cross. For the second, include a suspect, policeman and the boatman. When they arrive, cross back with the boatman. Select the second policeman, suspect and boatman for the next trip. When the boatman returns, cross with the last kid and the boatman to complete this task.
- To get an etching of the skull and other icons, you will need to have charcoal and a piece of paper in your inventory. First click on the paper, then the charcoal to get an imprint of it.
- Solve the key puzzle by following the directional arrows listed on your clue page in the order they appear. For instance, solve Key 1 by beginning at the highlighted blue tile and highlight your mouse one tile to the right, then one tile down and then one tile to the left and click on it.
- Hints can accumulate by collecting the hidden ravens located in each scene.
- You can only use tools to find items that are listed in blue. These mini scenes will not become available to you (even if clicked) until the other hidden objects on the original (black text) list have been located.
Screenshot images for Midnight Mysteries – The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy article were created by Sheila Robinson.