Welcome to Avengers Academy! (10 GS/Bronze)– Clear 80 missions in Mission Mode.
- Passed the Field Test (20 GS/Bronze) – Clear 160 missions in Mission Mode.
- A New Avenger (40 GS/Silver) – Clear 320 missions in Mission Mode. All 36 characters in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 have 10 missions to complete each. These missions serve as an extended training mode, requiring you to pull off a special maneuver or combo to succeed. You can go to Mission Objectives in the pause menu to see what button inputs are needed to perform the specific attacks each mission calls for. If any missions are giving you too much trouble, you can skip up to 40 and still unlock the achievement.
- Saving My Quarters (20 GS/Bronze) – Beat Arcade Mode without using any continues. This can be done on the easiest difficulty.
- Herculean Task (30 GS/Silver) – Beat Arcade Mode on the hardest difficulty. You have unlimited continues, so this will come with patience and persistence.
- I Buy the Issues (10 GS/Bronze) – View one ending in Arcade Mode.
- Waiting For the Trade (50 GS/Gold) – View all endings in Arcade Mode. Each of the 36 characters has their own ending, and losing to Galactus also unlocks an ending.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Achievement Guide – Fighting Expertise 1
These achievements can be completed during Arcade Mode or by playing online.
- Mega Buster (20 GS/Bronze) – Use 1,000 Hyper Combo Gauge bars.
- Back at 'Cha! (10 GS/Bronze) – Perform 10 successful Crossover Counters. To perform this technique you need one full Hyper Gauge bar. While blocking, press forward and a shoulder button to call in a counterattack from a partner.
- Excelsior! (10 GS/Bronze) – Perform 10 Team Aerial Combos. First, launch your opponent up into the sky. Leap up and initiate a combo in midair. Press any directional button (except down) and the special attack button to continue the combo with one of your partners.
- Be Gone! (10 GS/Bronze) – Perform 10 Snap Backs. This move knocks your opponent out of the battlefield and replaces them with one of their partners. It requires one full Hyper Gauge bar. Do a down-to-forward quarter circle on the d-pad and then press a shoulder button.
- Ultimate Nullifier (10 GS/Bronze) – Perform 30 successful Advancing Guards. Block, and then immediately press the light and medium attack buttons together.
- Big Bang Theory (30 GS/Silver) – Perform 30 Hyper Combo Finishes. These require a full Hyper Gauge bar. Each character has their own unique Hyper Combos, but they are typically performed by pressing a directional button/sequence then the light and medium attack buttons together.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Achievement Guide – Fighting Expertise 2
These achievements can be completed during Arcade Mode or by playing online.
- Turn the Tables (10 GS/Bronze) – Land a Team Aerial Counter in a match. When your opponent has you trapped in a midair combo, you can attempt to break free by pressing your special attack button and the direction your opponent is pressing. It's ultimately a guessing game, so this relies mostly on luck.
- Galactic Smasher (40 GS/Silver) – Perform 30 Crossover Combination Finishes. This requires at least two full Hyper Gauge bars. When your opponent has fallen to half health or so, press the left trigger to perform multiple Hyper Combos with your teammates. If you KO the opponent with the brutal attack then you've succeeded.
- Wreak "Havoc" (10 GS/Bronze) – Use X-Factor in a match. To activate X-Factor, hit the light, medium, heavy, and special attack buttons all at once.
- Steel Battalion (20 GS/Bronze) – Block 100 times.
- Need a Healing Factor (10 GS/Bronze) – Win a match without blocking. This can be boosted with a friend in Player Match.
- A Hero Stands Alone (10 GS/Bronze) – Win a match without calling your partners or switching out.
- Average Joe (10 GS/Bronze) – Land a Viewtiful Combo. A Viewtiful Combo is 31 successive hits.
- Bruisin' Bruce (20 GS/Bronze) – Land an Incredible Combo. An Incredible Combo is 65 hits.
- Charles in Charge (30 GS/Silver) – Land an Uncanny Combo. An Uncanny Combo is a whopping 91 hits.
- One Step Ahead (30 GS/Silver) – Land 50 First Attacks in a match.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Trophy Guide – Multiplayer
Brave New World (10 GS/Bronze)– Participate in any online mode.
- Who Will Answer the Call? (10 GS/Bronze) – Participate in an 8 player lobby online.
- Full Roster (40 GS/Silver) – Battle against all characters in online matches. There are 36 characters in total.
- School For the Gifted (15 GS/Bronze) – Get a 5 game win streak in Ranked Match.
- Playtime Is Over (10 GS/Bronze) – Surpass the rank of Amateur. This is the 2nd rank and will unlock after just one victory in Ranked Match.
- Leading the Charge (30 GS/Silver) – Surpass the rank of Fighter. This is the 4th rank and will unlock after seven victories or so.
- Combat Specialist (30 GS/Silver) – In Ranked Match, surpass the "1st" class rank, or fight someone who has. This is the 13th rank and will require many victories to reach yourself. This will most likely be earned instead by fighting someone who has already attained this rank.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Trophy Guide – Character Match-up
These trophies all require specific character grudge matches.
- Fate of the Satsui no Hadou (20 GS/Bronze) – Decide who is the true master of the fist in an online match. This calls for a bout of Ryu vs. Akuma.
- Copy This! (20 GS/Bronze) – Put an end to this game of spider and fly in an online match. This requires a match between Spider-man and Taskmaster.
- Raccoon City Incident (20 GS/Bronze) – Settle things between former S.T.A.R.S. members in an online match. This requires a fight between Chris Redfield and Wesker.
- Duty and Deus Ex Machina (20 GS/Bronze) – Make a match online between a national hero and a killing machine a reality. This calls for a battle between Captain America and M.O.D.O.K.
- Whose Side Are You On? (20 GS/Bronze) – Bring about an end to the Civil War in an online match. This requires a bout of Captain America vs. Iron Man.
- Fate Of Two Worlds (20 GS/Bronze) – Make a match online between the marquee characters for this game a reality. This requires a fight between Ryu and Wolverine.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Trophy Guide – Character Team-up
These trophies all require specific character collaborations.
- Avengers Assemble! (15 GS/Bronze) – Make a team composed of the Big 3 and win a match. The Big 3 are: Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America.
- Badds to the Bone (15 GS/Bronze) – Make a team of three who have altered their bodies, and win a match. These three are: Iron Man, Spencer, and M.O.D.O.K.
- Female Flyers (15 GS/Bronze) – Make a team composed of women who can fly, and win a match. The women are: Phoenix, Storm, and Morrigan.
- Darkstalkers (15 GS/Bronze) – Make a team composed of those who dwell in the darkness, and win a match. The Darkstalkers are: Morrigan, Hsien-Ko, and Felicia.
- Weapon X (15 GS/Bronze) – Make a team composed of Weapon-X test subjects, and win a match. The test subjects are: Wolverine, Deadpool, and X-23.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Trophy Guide – Misc.
- Comic Collector (50 GS/Gold) – Unlock all items in the Gallery. To do this you must complete Arcade Mode with all 36 characters, complete at least one mission in Mission Mode with all 36 characters, and succumb to Galactus in Arcade Mode to view his ending.
- World Warrior (10 GS/Bronze) – Earn 5,000 Player Points (PP).
- Champion Edition Hero (30 GS/Silver) – Earn 30,000 Player Points (PP).
- Super Turbo Brawler (50 GS/Silver) – Earn 100,000 Player Points (PP). PP are earned from completing Arcade Mode, completing missions in Mission Mode, fighting in Ranked Match, etc.
- Passport to Beatdown Country (10 GS/Bronze) – Fight in all of the stages. There are 10 stages in total: Asgard, Daily Bugle, Danger Room, Demon Village, Fate of the Earth, Hand Hideout, Kattlelox Island, Metro City, S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, and Tricell Laboratory.
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Trophy Guide – Platinum Trophy
The Xbox 360 version of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 also has the equivalent of a platinum trophy.
- Master of Fate (50 GS/Platinum) – Unlock all other trophies/achievements.