Tips & Tricks
things just got interesting. D.C. is back in the stone age and everyone is routed. So we need to survive the fallout and regroup by the White House (Whiskey Hotel). I really don’t know why they made this a separate mission, but it is and I have to treat it like that. So let’s get started.
- The EMP knocks out your laser sight. This means that a lot of weapons are no long as useful. You might actually be better off aiming from the hip than down the sights. Switch to something with iron sights as soon as possible.
- Move carefully in the darkness. It’s really hard to spot the Russians.
- The 2 office areas have almost no cover. Just spraying rounds through the cubicles will work wonders.
Fight to the Rally Point
Okay. We get to relive a little bit of this. Hang on and make your little stand until it flashes out. Then just enjoy the little show courtesy of Price. You’ll go back to the ground as a soldier clears the wreckage and sets you free. Move on out and run down the street to get away from the wreckage of the EMP. Even the laser sights are out, so things are pretty rough.
Get into the partially destroyed house and wait for Foley to confirm that the fallout has stopped. Move on down the street and wait for the runner to give you your new orders.
Move on into the building and follow the rangers up the steps. You’ll finally walk into an ambush as they open the door. Run in and stick to the wall. Then pop out and fire on the Russians in front of you. The rest of them are spread throughout the cubicles. Advance along the front wall and stay low. Spray the cubicles with gunfire to take out some of them. Then advance along the right side to flank the guys in the middle. Take out the last few in back so that you’re clear to advance.
The next office is roughly the same. Just stick to the front wall again, cross the cubicles, and ambush the guys in back. Your goal is that big hole in the back. Drop down and into the square. Watch over Cpl. Dunn, then move forward. The rangers will kill the 3 men on top of the BMP. Advance across the square until you see some movement by the buses. These aren’t friendlies, but wait until Foley throws a flare at them to confirm. Then use the light to take them out. The walls in the square provide good cover, so there shouldn’t be a problem.
Once they’re down, move into the hotel. Take point and go down the steps into the basement area to the Presidential bunker. Step inside and drop down.
This post is part of the series: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Walkthrough – Missions 11-15
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Walkthrough – Contingency
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Walkthrough – Second Sun
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Walkthrough – Whiskey Hotel
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Walkthrough – Loose Ends
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Walkthrough – The Enemy of My Enemy