- slide 1 of 2
Take the Quiz - Or I'll Shoot!
Games, as a form of media that allows the virtual recreation of real-world and not-so-real-world scenarios, has always had an association with violence. Shooting someone in a game isn't illegal or immoral, but shooting someone in real life is, and there's always been concern that some people have trouble distinguishing the two.
In this quiz, we'll test you knowledge about gaming's history of violence. Get ready to tolerate some bloodshed, both real and imagined.
- slide 2 of 2
History of Violence in Gaming Quiz
- Game Politics: U.S. Supreme Court Uphold Ninth Circuit Ruling http://gamepolitics.com/2011/06/27/us-supreme-court-upholds-ninth-circuit-decision-brown-v-entertainment-merchants-associati
- BBC News: Germany lifts Doom sales ban after 17 years http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14748027
- Wikipedia: Death Race (video game) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Race_(video_game)
- The Washington Times: Video Games and Bullying http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/19/hicks-video-games-and-bullying/?page=all
- Image Credit: DOS Game Archive
- Image Credit: IGN.COM
- Gamespot: Sex Workers Call for Ban on GTA http://www.gamespot.com/news/6144286/prostitutes-call-for-ban-on-gta
- Image Credit: Gamespot