- slide 1 of 2
Aftermath: Your side won the battle at the Fortress
Congratulations! Your side won the big battle at the fortress. This usually means one of three things:
- Your team is simply better, and will probably crush the other team repeatedly in every massed engagement.
- Your team played smarter, or their team spazzed and did not play smart. Perhaps your team focused fire better or you saw their key support faster. If the other team learns from their mistake (not typical) then later battles may have a different outcome.
- Your team had all 12 of its people zone in faster and they all got to the Fort faster. Do not underestimate the effect of this. Scenarios in WAR start extremely rapidly for some reason. For this reason, a few slow loading players could give you a false sense of accomplishment.
After this initial win, you have two main choices:
- Chase after your defeated foe. The reasons for doing this include: getting a few more kills, trying to capture the third objective, hoping to farm the other team at their spawn. No matter how crushing or slim your win was, there will almost always be someone yelling on scenario chat "HOLD THE FORT! DON'T CHASE!" This is good advice if your victory was slim. But if you rolled the other team hard, an aggressive strategy is probably more likely to yield fast points, heavy kills, and a quick and richly rewarded victory.
- Hold the Fort. If you had a very close win at the Fort, this is probably a good, safe idea. Let your team respawn and get into good position to defend the fort.
- slide 2 of 2
Aftermath: Your side lost the battle at the Fortress
Click that RESPAWN button and gather your forces. If you are a leader type, encourage people to hold at the Lighthouse/Barracks and wait for everyone to respawn. See the above section for reasons why you lost that massed battle. You now have two choices:
- Gather your forces and hit the Fort again, hoping for a better outcome. This is only a viable strategy if you lacked all 12 members in the first fight, if it was really close, or if you think your team could have won but for a few mistakes. Generally, if you lost the first all out battle at the fort you will keep losing them in a straight up 12 on 12 fight. Keep that in mind before charging off again to be slaughtered. An entrenched foe at the Fort has an distinct terrain advantage over the attacker.
- Send a few people to the objective near their spawn to take it. This not only gives you points, but it will probably pull a few of their players away from the Fort. You may also get to kill a few of their respawning members and dump them back in the respawn queue. If you are able to hold the objective near their spawn against 1 or 2 small attacks, that inherently means their force at the Fort is now reduced in numbers. That is the time to strike the Fort - when you have a numerical advantage.
Warhammer Online RvR Guide: Nordenwatch scenario
- Warhammer Online: Nordenwatch Summary and Basics
- Warhammer Online: Nordenwatch Begins!
- Warhammer Online: Nordenwatch - Specific Strategies
- Warhammer Online: Nordenwatch - Aftermath of the Fortress Battle
- Warhammer Online: Nordenwatch - Winning Strategies
- Warhammer Online: Nordenwatch - Losing Strategies and Things to Avoid
- Warhammer Online: Nordenwatch - Suggestions and Conclusions