- slide 1 of 5
Starcraft 2 Zerg Multiplayer Guide
The Zerg are a very different race to the Terran or Protoss factions in Starcraft 2. A gathering of many different species that have been infested and genetically modified into perfect living machines of war, the Zerg are constantly evolving into new and more terrifying shapes - even their building units are genetically morphed Drones, and each part of the Zerg Swarm serves as part of the larger collective. While Zerg units are relatively plentiful and cheap to construct, they are not as hardy as, say, the Protoss, and are constrained by their requirement for Creep to allow them to construct new buildings, as well as each of the units requiring a specific structure to unlock its genetic potential within the Larva. This can make playing as Zerg initially bewildering for the less experienced Starcraft 2 player.
Thankfully, Bright Hub is here to help. We've compiled a massive guide to all things Zerg, with detailed articles packed with Zerg strategy tips, beginners guides for each individual Zerg unit, a comprehensive look at all the many varied Zerg building units and their roles within the Zerg colony, and a walkthrough on how to unlock all the Zerg-specific Starcraft 2 multiplayer Achievements on Battle.net. With this guide close to hand, you'll soon get your head round the strange and twisted nature of the Zerg.
- slide 2 of 5
Starcraft 2 Zerg Units: Stats, Abilities, Strategy and More
For the Starcraft 2 experts and newbies, Bright Hub writer M.S. Smith has produced a comprehensive guide to Zerg strategy, with detailed tips and tactics info on the Zerg units and planning your build order to lead you to success on the battlefield. This guide will give you a deeper understanding of Zerg strategy.
In the individual Zerg unit articles, we provide beginners with every piece of vital information on a unit's stats, weapons, Upgrades and Abilities that you'll need to make the most out of them in SC2 multiplayer matches. On top of this, each unit has a full set of strategy tips and tactical advice, lists of what units it has an edge over and what act as counters, as well as battle plans for more experienced players for using that unit against Zerg, Terran and Protoss opponents online.
- Starcraft 2 Larva and Drone Guide: We start off with the two units that form the basis of every Zerg army and base, the tiny Zerg Larva and the hard-working Drone.
- Starcraft 2 Overlord Guide: Next, we move onto the aerial commanders of the Zerg colony, the Overlords.
- Starcraft 2 Zergling Guide: Rapacious wild beasts, the Zergling is the bedrock of the Zerg ground forces.
- Starcraft 2 Queen Guide: Protecting the Zerg base with its precious genetic material, the Queen is a powerful early anti-air unit.
- Starcraft 2 Hydralisk Guide: The Hydralisk is a flexible ranged unit, firing vicious spines that can take out enemies from a distance.
- Starcraft 2 Baneling Guide: Living bomb of the Zerg forces, the Baneling is a morphed Zergling filled with searing acid and primed to explode, taking everything around it with it.
- Starcraft 2 Overseer Guide: The Overseers are the flying spies and infiltration units of the Zerg Swarm, able to spawn Changelings to discover your opponent's best laid plans.
- Starcraft 2 Roach Guide: The Roach is a powerful ground unit capable of burrowing under enemy defenses and taking severe punishment.
- Starcraft 2 Infestor Guide: The Infestor is a strange and hideous collection of symbiotic parasites, amongst whose powers is the ability to control enemy units minds and turn them against their own side.
- Starcraft 2 Mutalisk Guide: The Mutalisk is a fearsome flying dragon and the primary aerial unit of the Zerg Swarm.
- Starcraft 2 Corruptor Guide: A terrifying and obscene flying brain, the Corruptor is a powerful anti-air unit, capable of downing even mighty Terran Battlecruisers.
- Starcraft 2 Ultralisk Guide: The Ultralisk is a giant of a beast, tearing enemy forces to pieces with its huge bony scythes.
- Starcraft 2 Brood Lord Guide: So huge it blocks out the sun, the Brood Lord is a living wing projectiling Broodlings to savage ground targets.
- slide 3 of 5
Starcraft 2 Zerg Buildings: Every Building Unit in Detail
The Zerg possess some of the strangest building structures in Starcraft 2, created by Drones disassembling their own genetic code and reconstituting themselves as building units. As the Larva needs certain building units to be constructed to unlock the genetic potential for it to evolve into particular units, it's vital to have a well-rounded construction plan for your Zerg base. To help with this, we've put together a guide listing every single Zerg building unit, with stats, Upgrades and Researches information for each structure.
- slide 4 of 5
Starcraft 2 Zerg Achievements: Full Guide to Unlocking All of Them
To complete our Zerg multiplayer guide, we've gone through every Zerg Achievement available on Battle.net in the vs A.I., Solo League, Team League, Economy, Melee Combat and League Combat categories with advice on unlocking each and every one.
- slide 5 of 5
With this complete Starcraft 2 Zerg multiplayer guide, covering every Zerg strategy, unit, building and Achievement, you'll soon be on the way to mastering the eerie and mind-bending biology of the Zerg race and all set to dominate the denizens of the inferior Terran and Protoss races in SC2 multiplayer on Battle.net
Here at Bright Hub we've produced a massive guide to all three races in Starcraft 2 multiplayer, with the lowdown on every individual unit and building in the Terran, Protoss and Zerg forces as well as guides to all the available multiplayer Achievements in Starcraft 2.