- slide 1 of 5
Starcraft 2 Raven - Introduction
Our complete Starcraft 2 Terran multiplayer guide moves on to consider the role of the Raven in the Terran forces.
Originally designed to work in some of the harshest off-world environments in the known universe, the Terran Raven is another Starcraft 2 unit that embodies the dual-purpose and flexible nature of the Terran arsenal. Highly effective at both base defense and resource raiding, the Raven also works well in a scouting role. In this article, we'll give a thorough overview of all the essential Raven stats, Abilities and Upgrades, as well as ideas and strategies for how to best deploy them against Terran, Zerg and Protoss opposition.
- slide 2 of 5
Starcraft 2 Terran Raven Vital Statistics
- Minerals: 100
- Gas: 200
- Supply: 2
- Build Time: 60 secs
- Produced By: Starport
- Requires: Starport Tech Lab
- Hotkey: R
- Max Energy: 200
Movement and Protection:
- Speed: 2.25
- Acceleration: 2.00
- Hit Points: 140
- Shields: 0
- Armor: 1
- Armor Type: Mechanical, Light
- slide 3 of 5
Starcraft 2 Terran Raven Upgrades and Abilities
Ship Plating 1-3 (Upgrade for all of the Terran ship units)
- Level 1: (Minerals: 150, Gas: 150, Time: 160 secs)
- Level 2: (Minerals: 225, Gas: 225, Time: 190 secs)
- Level 3: (Minerals: 300, Gas: 300, Time: 220 secs)
- Required: Starport
Corvid Reactor ( Increase to Raven unit starting Energy of 25)
- (MInerals: 150, Gas: 150, Time: 110 secs)
- (Minerals: 150, Gas: 150, Time: 110 secs)
- Required: Fusion Core
- Detector: The Raven unit can automatically detect burrowing, cloaked or Hallucination enemy units in its vicinity.
- Seeker Missile: The Raven unit can launch a homing missile that will chase a target for a duration of up to 15 secs.
- Type: Command:
- Energy: 100
- Duration: 15 secs
- Range: 6
- Damage: 150
- Build Auto-Turret: The Raven unit can construct an automated gun emplacement for defensive purposes.
- Type: Command
- Energy: 50
- Duration: 180 secs
- Build Point Defense Drone: The Raven unit can construct an anti-missile laser emplacement. The Drone is ineffective against special attacks.
- Type: Command
- Energy: 100
- Duration 180 secs
- slide 4 of 5
Starcraft 2 Raven Strategy, Tips and Tricks
Terran vs Terran
Ravens can be employed for both defensive and offensive tactics. Their detection abilities make them useful in warding off cloaked Banshees, especially if they deploy Point Defense Drones to protect your bases from missile attack. In an offensive capacity, protect with a squadron of Vikings and utilize the confusion wrought by a frontal assault on your enemy's base to drop in Auto-Turrets to wreak havoc on your opponent's supply lines. The Ghost's EMP round is very effective in dealing with incoming Ravens.
Terran vs Protoss
Similar tactics apply when confronting a Protoss player: defend your own with Point Defense Drones, attack with Auto-Turrets. Phoenix fighters are especially useful against Ravens, and have enough turn of speed to evade even the Seeker Missile upgrade. The High Templar's Feedback Ability performs the same Energy-draining job as the Ghost's EMP round, while Stalkers with Blink are also effective counters.
Terran vs Zerg
When employing Ravens against Zerg, always try to keep your enemies closer; don't let them come at you from several sides or they may quickly overwhelm you. Spore Colonies and Queens provide effective base cover against incoming Ravens, while Mutalisks share the Phoenix's rapid pace in the air.
- slide 5 of 5
The Starcraft 2 Raven is a prime example of the multiple purpose nature of many of the Terran units in SC2 multiplayer, and this "swiss army knife" approach may be one of the reasons inexperienced players find Terran easiest to get started with. The Raven can function as an advanced scout, detection unit, base defender and resource raider, and this flexibility