Starcraft 2 Achievement Guide - Rebellion Missions
The Rebellion missions map pack in Starcraft 2 has quite a few achievements to complete, many of which are more difficult than the previous mission pack's achievements.
Map #1 - The Great Train Robbery.
- Achievement: Bully the Bullies - Defeat the Marauder bunch in Normal.
- Achievement: Silver Streak - Don't let any trains get by on Hard.
For both of these Starcraft 2 achievements, form up a large infantry ball and start rushing the objectives. However, be sure to provide diamondback support to the infantry ball, as they will be able to reinforce your core troops without getting destroyed.
Map #2 - Cutthroat.
- Achievement: Minesweeper - kill 25 units with mines on Normal.
- Achievement: Solitaire - Buy out the mercenaries without building an SCV on Hard.
For Minesweeper, build a large force of vultures and spread mines out everywhere on the map. For Solitaire, form up an infantry ball with support, but also keep a good contingent of troops in your base, as attacks will get through your main force.
Map #3 - Engine of Destruction.
- Achievement: Kicking Asgard - Destroy Loki in Normal.
- Achievement: Ragnarok & Roll - Don't let Odin hit 30% of HP on Hard.
For Kicking Asgard, lure Loki, the battlecruiser, back to your main forces with several scouts. To protect Odin, build Vikings, Wraiths and SVC's and basically babysit him during the entire mission.
Map #4 - Media Blitz.
- Achievement: Seek and Destroy - Destroy a Barracks, a Factory, and a Starport with Odin during the confusion on Normal.
- Achievement: Blitzkrieg - Win in 20 minutes on Hard.
The key to both of these achievements is speed. Use bombardments and Goliaths to quickly take control of the map and sweep away the game and these Starcraft 2 achievements.
Map #5 - Piercing the Veil.
- Achievement: Not So Brutalisk - Kill the Brutalisk without it killing any of your people on Normal.
- Achievement: Lock and Load - Find all 13 weapons on Hard.
- Achievement: Monster Mash- use the A.R.E.S. robot to kill the Brutalisk.
All three of these achievements are quite difficult. For the first, pick up two protoss relics before destorying the fusion core, as doing so will release basically a horde of zergs onto your troops. Use your marines and other troops to clear most of the rooms without using the A.R.E.S robot, as it may die before getting a chance to clear the Brutalisk. For Lock and Load, attention to detail is a must, and you need to take your time and comb the map, making sure to double back occasionally for any weapons you may have missed.
Click on Page 4 to continue reading the Starcraft 2 achievement guide.