Runescape Ranged Skill: Thrown Weapons
The ranged weapon skill in Runescape is more than bows and arrows, take a look at the one handed thrown weapons you can use in the game.
Along with the crossbows and the regular bows, you also get ranged skill with using thrown weapons like darts, javelins, axes, and knives. These will all need varying amounts of ranging skill and they will give a certain attack bonus for use. These are all one handed weapons.
Throwing knives are those one handed weapons that have both a very fast attack speed but can also be poisoned on the edges to add an extra damage punch to them. These are the types of throwing knives that you can use and the attack bonus you’ll get for them.
- Bronze and Iron – Both of these take a ranged skill level of 1. Bronze knives give +4 bonus and Iron gives +5 to the attack bonus.
- Steel – These knives need a ranging skill level of 5 and will give a +8 to the attack bonus.
- Black – Black quality knives are going to need a ranged skill level of 10. They will give a +10 to the bonus attack rating too.
- Mithril Knives – These need a ranged skill level of 20 to use, but will give you a bonus of +11 to your attack.
- Adamant – These knives are the second best you can use. They will take a 30 ranged skill level to wield and they will give +15 to attack bonus.
- Rune Knives – These are the finest throwing knives available. They need a 40 ranged skill level and will give a lovely +25 to the attack bonus too.
Another of the thrown items are some of the axes. These can be dropped after a monster kill or bought in the Ranging Guild shop. These are one handed, but they are a little slower than the knives and the darts to use due to their weight. Bronze and Iron throwing axes are going to be the ones that only need a ranged skill of one. The bronze ones give +4 to attack and the Iron ones give +5 to attack. There are Steel axes as well that need a ranged skill level of 5 and they will give +8 to the attack. Next in quality are the Mithril axes that need a 20 in ranged skill and gives +12 to the attack. Adamant axes are second to best in quality; needing a 30 in ranged skill and giving +17 to attack. Rune axes are the best to use, and they will give +17 to attack while needing a 30 in ranged skill.
These are another form of the one handed thrown weapons. They are good in a pinch and some prefer the look to them.
- Bronze and Iron – These need a ranged skill level of one. Bronze gives +5 in attack bonus and Iron gives +8.
- Steel – These thrown items need a skill level of 5. They also give a +12 in the attack bonus.
- Mithril Javelins – The ranged skill level that you need for this will be 20. They give +17 in attack bonus.
- Adamant – These are the second best in the game, needed a 30 in skill level. They will give +24 in attack bonus.
- Rune – The best javelins in the game, these need a skill level of 40, and will give +38 in attack bonus.
Lastly, there are darts in the throwing category. These are very fast weapons and like the knives they can be poisoned to pack an extra punch. There are bronze and iron darts that only need the starting ranged weapon skill. The bronze darts give +3 to attack bonus and the iron ones give +4. Steel darts need a ranged skill level of 5 and give +5 in attack bonus. Black darts need a 10 in ranged skill and they will give +7 in attack bonus. Mithril darts are those that need a 20 in ranged skill. They will give +8 in attack bonus. The adamant darts need a 30 in ranged skill level and they will give an attack bonus of +11.There are rune darts that are second best in game, needing 40 in skill level and giving +15 to the attack bonus. The best ones in the game are dragon darts, needing 60 in skill level and giving +18 to the attack bonus.
Thrown weapons are fast and can pack a punch, getting your skill level up higher for the best ones in the game can really chip away at your enemies faster and more efficiently than using bows and arrows. Keep them in mind when you go for a ranged skill weapon.