- slide 1 of 5
Another ranged weapon skill is in dealing with crossbows and bolts. All crossbows are slower than bows, and they require bolts to use instead of arrows. Most rangers will not use these and would rather use a bow as the speed is better for their enemy.
- slide 2 of 5
Lower Level Crossbows
These are crossbows that you can use with a ranging level under 20.
- Regular Crossbows and Phoenix Crossbows will need a ranging level of one. They take bronze bolts and will give an attack bonus of 6.
- Bronze Crossbows need a ranging level of one and take bronze bolts as well. They will give an attack bonus of 18.
- Bluerite Crossbows need a ranging skill level of 16 and they will take bolts that are bronze up to blurite bolts. They have an attack bonus of 30 and can only be smithed after you’ve completed the Knight’s Sword Quest.
- slide 3 of 5
Medium Level Crossbows
These are the crossbows that are up to a ranging skill level of 40.
- Iron Crossbows use bolts up to the iron level and they need a ranging skill level of 26. They will give an attack bonus of 42.
- Dorgeshuun Crossbows require a ranging skill level of 28. They take bone bolts and will give an attack bonus of 42.
- Steel Crossbows need a ranging level of 31 to use. They can take bolts that are up to a steel quality and they will give 54 attack bonus.
- Mithril Crossbows will require a ranging level of 36. They use up to mithril quality bolts and give 66 attack bonus.
- slide 4 of 5
Higher Level Crossbows
These are the crossbows that the players can use after you hit 46 in ranging skill.
- Adamant Crossbows need a ranging skill of 46 in level. It will take bolts that are up to the adamant quality. It will give up to a 78 in attack bonus.
- Hunter’s Crossbow will take a ranging skill of 50. It will need bolts that are called Kebbit bolts. They will give 55 in attack bonus as well.
- Rune Crossbows will take a skill level of 61 in ranging and bolts that are up to rune quality. They give an attack bonus of 90. This is the highest attack bonus crossbow.
- Karil’s Crossbow takes a skill level of 70 to wield. This takes bolt racks for ammo and will give 84 attack bonus.
- slide 5 of 5
Bolts are made from fletching and smithing skills, or bought in a store. They are able to be poisoned for better attack. Or you can make them “tipped" with different items use as opals, gems, pearls, and barbed tips. Other bolts are the enchanted type. If they have a gemmed tip, a pearl tip, or an opal tip you can enchant with magic. These are in the spellbook under “Enchant Bolt". There are 10 enchantments, ranging from a magic level of 4 to 87 and gives everything from lightning, fire, poison, and decreasing defense in your opponent. Bolts can be altered to be more in tune with your particular playing style.