Crafting with Leather and Hides in Runescape
One of the best parts of the crafting skill is the ability to do many things. Glassblowing, leather working, pottery, they are all part of the skill. This takes a look at using leather and hides in the crafting skill of Runescape.
Crafting has many functions, from glass blowing to leather crafting. Here are the things that you can craft in Runescape using different types of leather in hides that you can get throughout the map. Remember to start out with the beginner items and build up your crafting skill until you are able to craft all the times in this article. You’ll need to go to Rimmington and Al-Kharid to get a needle and thread so that you can begin crafting with the leather and hide.
Crafting with Cowhide
Cowhide comes from any cow that you kill in the game. You take this hide and visit a tanner in Al-Kharid to turn the hide into a piece of leather. The leather is then either sold (but won’t help your crafting skill at that point), or you can use it to make the following tailoring recipes. You can make an item studded by smithing out some steel studs and adding those studs to the leather pieces after you’ve created the item you’d like studded.
- Leather gloves – This requires a crafting skill level of 1 and will give you 13.75 in experience after you craft the item.
- Leather boots – This requires a crafting level of 7 and will give 16.25 in crafting experience when you make the item.
- Cowl – This headpiece can be made with a level of 9. It will give you 18.5 in crafting experience after it is made.
- Leather vambraces – These gloves are able to be made with a crafting level of 11. It will give the player 22 experience when you create it.
- Leather body – These torso armor pieces are going to be able to be made when you are at level 14. It will give the crafter 25 experience in their crafting ability.
- Leather chaps – These leg pieces are going to be able to be made once you hit 18 in crafting skill, they will also give you 27 experience.
- Hard Leather Body – This is stronger torso armor. You can make it at a level of 28 and you will get 35 experience for it.
- Spiky vambraces – These can be made when the crafting skill hits a 32 in level and it will give you 6 experience when completed.
- Coif – This head piece can be made when you are at a 38 crafting level. It gives a better bonus to ranged weaponry and gives 37 experience as well.
- Studded body – This torso piece will need a crafting skill of 41 and it will give the creator 65 experience points for making it.
- Studded Chaps – This leg armor will be made when you reach 44 in crafting ability. It will also give 69 in experience.
Crafting with Yak hide
Yak hides come from Yaks, the hides are cured and then able to be crafted in things such as Fremennik Armor. These are the Yak leather crafting items that you can make when you are at the required levels.
- Yak Hide legs – This gives you 32 experience when you make the item, and you’ll need a crafting level of 43. It needs one Yak hide to create.
- Yak Hide body – This gives you 32 experience when you make this piece as well, and you’ll need two yak hides to create it. This needs a level of 46 in crafting skill.
Crafting with Dragon hides
You are able to get the dragon hides off of your dragon kills. They will be able to be tanned at the tanner to make the leathers you will have to have to create the following items (the color means that’s the color of dragon hides you’ll need):
- Green dragonhide vambraces – These need a crafting level of 57, gives 62 experience, and needs 1 green dragon leather.
- Green dragonhide chaps – These need a 60 crafting level, gives 124 in experience, and needs 2 green dragon leathers.
- Green dragonhide body – This item needs a 63 crafting skill level, will give 186 in experience, and it requires 3 green dragon leathers.
- Blue dragonhide vambraces – These need a crafting level of 66, gives 70 experience, and needs 1 blue dragon leather.
- Blue dragonhide chaps – These need a 68 crafting level, gives 140 in experience, and needs 2 blue dragon leathers.
- Blue dragonhide body – This item needs a 71 crafting skill level, will give 210 in experience, and it requires 3 blue dragon leathers.
- Red dragonhide vambraces – These need a crafting level of 73, gives 78 experience, and needs 1 red dragon leather.
- Red dragonhide chaps – These need a 75 crafting level, gives 156 in experience, and needs 2 red dragon leathers.
- Red dragonhide body – This item needs a 77 crafting skill level, will give 234 in experience, and it requires 3 red dragon leathers.
- Black dragonhide vambraces – These need a crafting level of 79, gives 86 experience, and needs 1 black dragon leather.
- Black dragonhide chaps – These need a 82 crafting level, gives 172 in experience, and needs 2 black dragon leathers.
- Black dragonhide body – This item needs a 84 crafting skill level, will give 258 in experience, and it requires 3 black dragon leathers.
Crafting with Snakeskin
After you kill snakes throughout the land you can get snakeskins. These are tanned at the local tannery and then you can use those leathers to make the following items to boost up your skills.
- Snakeskin boots – These will take a crafting level skill of 45 and will give you 30 in experience points.
- Snakeskin vambraces – These take a crafting skill of 47 and will also give 35 in experience points.
- Snakeskin bandana – This will need a 48 crafting skill level and a 45 in crafting experience.
- Snakeskin Chaps – For these you’ll need a crafting level of 51 and you’ll get 50 experience points for making them.
- Snakeskin body – These need a crafting level of 53 and they will give you 55 in experience points for them.
As you can see, the crafting skill is a multi faceted area. You can make pottery items, you can make glassware, and you can make leather armor with it. This is a skill that you will not be bored with, something that you can keep doing different things throughout and not be bored grinding out the same thing over and over again. This is the best part of the crafting skill, the ever changing aspect of what you can make.
Runescape Crafting Guides
A collection of guides on crafting in Runescape.
- Crafting in Runescape
- Crafting with Leather and Hides in Runescape