The Runescape Cookbook Part One
A look at the recipes that you can make using the Cooking skill in Runescape.
Cooking in Runescape is a very important skill. It will buff up your firemaking skill if you use the tinderbox and logs to make your cooking fire, as well as upping your woodcutting skill if you are using this method (to get logs). Cooking skill will make you less likely to burn the food you are attempting to prepare and it will be a great boost to your hitpoints if you eat it in a battle to keep yourself from dying. Knowing how to cook the foods in Runescape, plus the experience you’ll get, the hp it will create, and basic help in Runescape cooking is always a good idea. Below is the unofficial Brighthub Runescape Cookbook.
Foods for Beginning Cooking
These are all foods that can be made while you are at a starter cooking level of 1. Everything is given in the recipe.
- Meat, Chicken – This only takes a level of one to create, and it will give you 30 in experience points. This will heal you for 3 hitpoints if cooked correctly. You can cook these on a stove or a fire, and get the meat from a cow, rat, or chicken.
- Anchovies – This takes a cooking skill of one to make, and it will give you 30 cooking experience points. It will heal for one hitpoint. You are able to cook this on a fire or a stove.
- Shrimp – The first thing you learn to cook on the Tutorial Island, this takes a cooking level of one, heals for 3 hitpoints, and you’ll receive 30 experience points for cooking it. You are able to cook this on a fire or on a stove.
- Ugthanki Meat – This requires a level 1 to make, gives 40 experience points, and heals for 3 hitpoints. You need to get some Ugthanki meat and cook on a stove or a fire.
- Karambwanji – This takes a required cooking level of 1 to make, will give you 10 experience points, and heals you for 3 hitpoints. You can cook this on a fire or a stove.
- Bread – This takes a cooking level of 1 and heals for 5 hitpoints. It will give you 40 experience points to create. You need flour and water to create, and you’ll cook it on a stove.
- Sardine – These take a cooking level of 1, give 40 experience points, and heal for 4 hitpoints. You can cook these on either a stove or on a fire.
- Crayfish – You will need a cooking skill level of one for these, they heal for 1 hitpoint, and they will give 30 experience when cooked. You’ll need to cook these on a fire or on a stove.
- Cooked Rabbit – This takes a cooking level of 1, gives 5 hitpoints of healing, and gives 30 experience. After killing a rabbit for meat, you cook it on a stove or on a fire.
- Karambwan (short time) – This takes a cooking level of 1, cures poison but gives no hitpoints, and gives 80 experience. After completing Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest, cook on a stove or fire for a short time.
- Ugthanki Kebob – Takes a cooking level of 1 (but needs level 58 to make pitta bread), gives 120 experience, and heals for 19. Get some ugthanki meat, water, flour, tomato, onion, and a bowl. Cook pitta bread, mix tomato, onion in bowl, add meat. Use on the pitta bread.
Foods for Cooking Level 5-10
These are all foods that can be made while you are between a cooking level of 5 and 10. All parts of the recipe are given.
- Herring – You’ll need a cooking level of 5 for this, it will give 5 hitpoints of health, and 50 experience points for cooking. You will cook this on a fire or on a stove.
- Mackerel – This takes a cooking level of 10, will give 6 hitpoints of health and 60 experience. You can cook this on a stove or a fire.
- Redberry Pie – This is for cooking levels of 10. It will give 78 experience and 10 hitpoints of health. You make with flour, water, red berries, and a pie dish. Make a dough, put in dish, fill with berries, cook on a stove.
- Spicy Sauce – This needs a cooking level of 9. It will give 2 hit points to eat, and 25 experience to make. You make it with garlic and gnome spices in a bowl and then cook it on a stove.
- Baked Potato – This needs a cooking level of 7 and gives 4 hitpoints of health. It will give 15 experience points. You just cook a potato on a stove for this recipe.
These are the beginning recipes that someone starting out in cooking can create. The next section will show the recipes for a slightly more advance cooking level, between a cooking skill of 11 and a cooking level of 25.