- slide 1 of 5
Editor's Note: This is an older article, originally published in Dec, 2008. It has not been updated and contains outdated references. All the articles in this series have been archived and the comments have been closed.
To gain experience in your Prayer skill you’ll have to have bones to bury. Most come from monster killings, animals, and some characters in the game. There is a wide variety of bones in the game and this will tell you the name of the bone, where to get it from, and the experience you will get for it. There are a good bit of these that are used for quests as well. There are some that you will want to sell for profit instead of burying as the funds-to-prayer-experience ratio is in that favor.
- slide 2 of 5
Lower Level Prayer Bones
- Wolf Bones – These have a 4.4 Prayer experience and they are obtained from any kind of wolf (white, grey, big, desert, etc). These must be killed in a member’s only location for them to drop. These can be used as arrow tips.
- Bones – These have a 4.5 Prayer experience and they are from fightable NPCs, animals (cows, chickens, etc), humans, dwarfs, gnomes, etc. Don’t go around and bury common bones inside a house or nearby as you’ve a chance to summon a shade or zombie.
- Small Monkey Bones and Monkey Bones – These have 5 Prayer experience for small and 18 Prayer experience for the regular, and they are from all types of monkeys (monkey, monkey guards, archer monkeys, etc). Small monkey bones are for the quest of Monkey Madness and the regular monkey bones are for the Recipe for Disaster quest.
- Burnt Bones – These have 5 Prayer experience and they are from places in the wilderness where you see the Demonic Ruins. They are not from drops. They have a charred appearance.
- Bat Bones – These have 5.3 Prayer experience and they are from giant bats in all levels of play. These will be used in the Merlin’s Crystal, Watchtower, and Forgotten Tale of a Drunken Dwarf quests.
- slide 3 of 5
Medium Level Prayer Bones
- Big Bones, Curved Bones, Long Bones – These have 15 Prayer experience and they are from all types of ogres and giants (Hill giants, Moss giants, Ice giants, ogres, etc). These are a faster way to make money with bones, and you may want to sell them instead of burying them.
- Jogre Bones – These have 15 Prayer experience and they are from drops from Jogres. They are a member’s only bone that is not used for a quest as of yet.
- Zogre Bones – These have 22.5 Prayer experience and they are from Zogres and Skogres. Using these on a gilded altar, while both burners are lit, produces more experience than dragon bones.
- Shaikahan Bones – These have 25 Prayer experience and they are dropped by the Shaikahans that are east of Tai Bwo Wannai. You will have to have gone through and completed the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio. These will have a pale yellow color to them upon finding them.
- Baby Dragon Bones – These have 30 Prayer experience and they are from Baby Blue Dragons and Baby Red Dragons. Dragon implings can drop tons of them.
- Wyvern Bones – These have 50 Prayer experience and they are from Skeletal Wyverns. (a level of 72 in Slayer skills needed) When you examine the bones it will tell you they are bones from a large flying creature.
- Dragon Bones – These have 72 Prayer experience and they are from all types of dragons that aren’t babies (red, green, blue, steel, bronze, etc). These are members only too and aren’t for a quest. Examining them will say “These would feed a dog for months".
- slide 4 of 5
Higher Level Prayer Bones
- Fayrg Bones – These have 84 Prayer experience and they are from the zombies and the skeletal ogres that are from the Zogre coffins. It may break your lockpick and disease you.
- Raurg Bones – These have 96 Prayer experience and they are from the zombies and the skeletal ogres that are from the Zogre coffins. There is a chance of disease and a broken lockpick upon getting these.
- Ourg Bones – These have 140 Prayer experience and they are from the zombies and the skeletal ogres that are from the Zogre coffins. It may result in a broken lockpick and a diseased player.
- Dagannoth Bones – These have 125 Prayer experience and they are from all Dagannoth Kings. (Rex, Prime, and Supreme).
- slide 5 of 5
Bones are used for many things. As you can see while reading about the individual bones, you can use them to bury for prayer skill, for quests, for money farming, or a number of things. Bones are frequently found just lying around the Runescape environment after other players have killed things and left them there unused. You can browse and see what you can find if you aren't up for a killing rampage. Now that you know what bones will give you the most experience and where you will have to go to find them, it is time to explore more about the Prayer skill in Runescape. The next section will talk about the Prayers themselves.
Runescape's Prayer Skill
- Part One of Runescape Skill Prayer: Getting Started
- Part Two of Runescape Skill Prayer: Bones
- Part Three of Runescape Skill Prayer: Main Prayers
- Part Five of Runescape Skill Prayer: Prayer Experience and Bonuses
- Part Six of Runescape Skill Prayer: Prayer Books
- Part Seven of Runescape Skill Prayer: Weaponry & Amulets
- 99 Prayer Guide: The Runescape Prayer Guide to Get 99 Prayer Fast