- slide 1 of 4
Herblore is a complex skill. You can do many different things with your abilities, from making potions to identifying and cleaning herbs. This will tell you all about the member’s only skill.
- slide 2 of 4
Getting the Herbs
You’ll be able to get herbs in any of three different ways. You can get them from drops off of different monsters and NPCs. You can buy or trade for them from others in the game. You can also farm them, after nine levels you can grow herbs in your own farming spot. Whatever the way you choose you can get them as “grimy" herbs. To use them in a potion you will have to clean them.
- slide 3 of 4
When you pick up an herb you’ll notice that it is called a grimy herb. You can right click it once it is in your inventory to clean it. Once cleaned you can use the herb in your potions. They need a certain amount of herblore level skill to clean and you’ll get a little experience for doing it.
- Guam Leaf, Ardrigal, Sito Foil, Volencia Moss, Rogues Purse, and Snake Weed all need a level of 3 in herblore. It will give you 2.5 experience to clean it and then it is ready to be used in potions. Some of the monsters that will drop Guam leaf are ice warriors and cave crawlers. You can find Ardrigal from the large palm tree in NE of Tai Bwo Wannai. Sito Foil is from the south campfire in Tai Bwo Wannai. Volencia Moss is around the mining site that is SE of Tai Bwo Wannai. Rogues Purse is from the north cave of Tai Bwo Wannai. Snake weed is dropped by Jogres.
- Marrentill – This needs a level of 5 in herblore skill and it will give you 3.8 experience to clean. Once cleaned it will be allowed into brewing and potions. These are dropped by many including muggers, moss giants, and zombies.
- Tarromin – This needs a level of 11 in herblore skill and it will give you 5 experience to clean. When it is cleaned it can be used in various potions as an ingredient. This is an herb that is mostly grown.
- Harralander – You need a level of 20 in herblore skill and it gives 6 experience to clean. When it comes clean it will be allowed as an ingredient in potions. It is dropped by many including cave crawlers, water elementals, and moss giants.
- Ranarr Weed – You’ll need a level of 25 in skill and it will give you 7.5 experience to clean. You will be able to use this as an ingredient in potions whenever it becomes clean. This is usually received from farming.
- Toadflax – You will need a herblore skill level of 30 and it will give you 8 in experience. After this is cleaned you will be able to use it in potions, as it will be ready for use. It is freshly grown on a farm.
- Irit Leaf – This needs a level of 40 in skill level and it will give you 8.8 in experience to clean. You can use this in potions and other recipes as soon as it is cleaned and ready. It is either freshly grown or dropped by Taverly Dungeon chaos druids.
- Avantoe – You need a level of 48 in herblore skill and it gives 10 experience to clean the herb. Once this is cleaned you can use it in potions and in composts.It is freshly farmed and dropped by rare few monsters.
- Kwuarm – You need a herblore level of 54 and it will give you 11.3 in experience. When this herb goes clean, you can use it in potions and in other composts. It is a freshly grown on a farm herb.
- Snapdragon – You need a herblore level of 59 and it will give you 11.8 in experience. This will be ready to be used in potions and other items as soon as it is cleaned. These are raised on a farm.
- Cadantine – You will need a herblore level of 65 and it will give you 12.5 in experience. After it is cleaned you can use this in potions. This is either freshly grown on a farm or it is dropped by the chaos druids.
- Lantadyme – For this you’ll need a 67 herblore skill level and it will give you 13.1 in experience. Once this herb has become clean you will be able to use it as an ingredient in potion recipes. It is a farm grown herb.
- Dwarf Weed – You must have a 70 herblore level and it will give you 13.8 in experience. This is ready to use as an ingredient as soon as it is cleaned. These are dropped by thugs, chaos druids, and Al-kharid warriors.
- Torstol – You will need to have a 75 herblore level and it will give you 15 in experience. This herb will be a viable ingredient as soon as you clean it. It is from farms and dropped by cockroach workers.
You are able to go to the city of Nardah and talk with Zahur if you want your herbs cleaned for you, you don’t have to do it yourself unless you just want to get the bits of skill.
- slide 4 of 4
To make potions in the game of Runescape you are going to have to gather herbs and clean them first. To do this you will need a certain skill level and to know where to go to find the herbs. In the next part of this, Part Two, you will learn about making potions and what other ingredients you may need that aren’t herbs.