Runescape Skill Farming Part Three: Growing Vegetables and Herbs in Runescape
Another aspect of the farming skill in Runescape is the growing of herbs and vegetables. This will tell you all about that part.
The next thing you’ll need to know as you go to advance your farming ability in Runescape is how to grow your crops. If you don’t have the things that you need, the farming plots prepped correctly, or know how to get the crops to grow successfully, you’re bound for failure. Crops will grow even if you are offline, but they will take a longer time to grow.
Watering Your Plants
You will need to have a watering can after you plant your seeds. If the ground around the plant isn’t wet, you’re going to have to water your plants for them to grow. This is the main thing you’ll be doing, besides weeding your plot. A few plants will not need to be watered. These are cacti, herbs, bushes, trees, and mushrooms.
Vegetable Growth Times
Each of these vegetables needs to be grown in an Allotment patch to grow. They will take three seeds for you to grow them. The level needed to plant, the planting and harvesting experience gained, and the time to grow the seeds is given.
- Potato – This requires a farming level of 1 (so you can start these right from the start of your farming career), will give you 8 experience points for planting and 9 for harvesting, and it will take half an hour to 35 minutes for it to go from seed to harvest time.
- Onion – This requires a farming level of 5, will give you 9.5 experience points for planting the seed into the prepped ground and 10.5 for harvesting it after it has had its growth time. It will take half an hour to 35 minutes for it to grow to maturity.
- Cabbage – This requires a farming level of 7, will give you 10 experience points for planting (make sure you've prepped your plot) and 11.5 for harvesting, and it will take half an hour to 35 minutes for it to reach harvest time.
- Tomato – It will take a level of 12 to farm, will give 12.5 experience to plant and 14 to harvest after it has hit full maturity growth, and it will take 35 to 40 minutes for it to reach harvest time.
- Sweetcorn – It will need a level of 20 in farming, will give 17 experience when you plant and 19 to harvest, and it will take 50 to 55 minutes for it to reach picking time. Remember sweetcorn will need better protection (like from a scarecrow) to grow successfully.
- Strawberry – It will need a level of 31 in farming, will give 26 experience points for planting and 29 for harvesting, it will need nearly an hour (50 to 55 minutes) to reach peak harvest.
- Watermelon – It takes a 47 farming level, will give you 48.5 experience for planting into a prepped farming lot and 54.5 for harvesting, and it will need over an hour (76 to 80 minutes) til you can harvest it.
Herb Growth Times
All of these herbs require one seed to plant and they will have to be planted in an Herb Patch for them to grow. It will take 70 full minutes for it to grow to maturity.
- Guam – This herb takes a farming level of 9 to plant. It will give you 11 experience points for planting the herb and it will give you 12.5 experience for harvesting it after it matures. This is used for attack potions, for Guthix Rest potions, and you can make guam tar and ground guar.
- Marrentil – This herb takes a farming level of 14. It will net you 13.5 experience for planting it and 15 experience for harvesting it after it matures. This will be used to make Guthix Rest potions and anti poison potions.
- Tarromin – With Tarromin you will need a farming level of 19 to plant and you will get 16 experience points for planting it with 18 experience points for harvesting it. Used to make strength potions and serum 207.
- Harralander – You will need to have a total of 26 farming skill and you will get experience points of 21.5 for planting and 24 for harvesting. This is used for stat restore potions, combat potions, Guthix Rest tea, and energy potions.
- Gout Tuber – These take 29 farming skill level to plant and it will get you the experience points of 105 for planting and 45 for harvesting. It is typically used in trading more than anything else.
- Ranarr Weed – The Ranarr Weed takes a level of 32 in farming to plant, giving you 27 experience points for planting and 30.5 experience points for harvesting the herb. This is used for prayer potions and for defense potions.
- Spirit Weed – The Spirit Weed will take a level of 36 in farming for you to plant, give you 32 experience points for planting and 36 for you to harvest. This is used to make summoning potions and have a distinct blue green color.
- Toadflax – This herb takes a farming skill level of 38 for you to plant. It will give you 34 experience points for planting it and it will give you 38.5 experience points for harvesting it. This is used to make agility potions and Saradomin brews.
- Irit Leaf – For this you will need a farming skill level of 44 and it will give you 43 experience points while you are planting it and 48.5 experience points while you are harvesting it. This makes super attack and super anti poison potions.
- Avantoe – This herb requires you to have a farming level of 50. It will give you 54.5 experience points for planting it and 62.5 experience points for you to harvest it. This makes hunter potions, fishing potions, and super energy potions.
- Kwuarm – For this herb you will need to have a farming skill level of 56. It will give you 69 experience points for planting and 78 for harvesting.These make super strength potion and some weapons potions.
- Snapdragon – The snapdragon needs an experience level of 62. It will give you the experience points of 87.5 for planting and 98.5 for harvesting it. These make super restore potions and is always an ingredient in the super compost.
- Cadantine – For this herb you will need a farming level of 67. The experience points that you will earn for it are 106.5 for planting and 120 for harvesting the herb.This makes the super defense potions.
- Lantadyme – This herb requires a 73 farming skill level and it will give you the experience points of 134.5 to plant and 151.5 to harvest the herb. This makes magic potions and anti fire potions.
- Dwarf Weed – This will need a farming level of 79 skill points. It offers you 170.5 experience points for planting and 192 for harvesting it. It is used to make ranging potions.
- Torstol – You will have to have 85 farming skill level points for this to be planted. It will give you 199.5 experience points for planting and 224.5 for harvesting it. Mainly used to make Zamorak brew.