Runescape Money Making Guide : P2p Looting
Wilderness looting in Runescape has been going on for years and with my experience in looting, I have made a guide to loot successfully with a possible maximum of 200K an hour for players of all levels.
Explanation on Wilderness Looting
There are many ways to make money on Runescape; some people use skilling as a source of income whereas some people kill for their money. A few skilled and clever people have managed to use merchanting for their massive fortunes. All those methods take a long time, as do all money making methods, but wilderness looting could be a much quicker alternative because it has no requirements due to the recent wilderness updates, you can enter the wilderness at any level.
This is a warning for players who do decide to loot in the wilderness, it is dangerous and you can lose all your items if you're not careful.
Equipment for Looting
It may sound strange but you do need some sort of protection when you are looting in the wilderness, especially in P2P because of what people can hit. Typically, if you're under level 10, you won't really need any equipment while you are looting because the biggest threats you will have are probably from level 22 Skeletons. For the rest, here is what you'll need;
- Very low grade dragonhide, green would be the best if you have it.
- Defense amulet because it gives a good defense bonus.
- Wear wizard robes. Buy several sets from Canfis just in case.
- Low grade armor, Mithril is perfect because it makes you look like a newbie so Pkers will avoid you.
- If you have a dragon dagger with you, keep it in your inventory and take it out only when attacked by another looter.
- Avoid “skulling", people will go for cheap kills and you will be an easy target.
- Bring 8 pieces of cheap food. Swordfish and lobsters are recommended, regardless of your Constitution level.
- One or two energy potions, just in case there is a clan battle and you get something very rare.
- A teleport tab is something that you must take with you.
The Looting Guide
Looting is an easy thing to do but there are a few things you can do to increase the amount of loot you get with every inventory. Every time you do a looting trip your inventory should consist of; 4 energy potions, 4-8 swordfish, a dagger (poisoned is optional) and a teleport tab to Varrock. That should leave you with 18 slots to pick up loot but remember that you should eat the food when you have 4 open slots left so you can get even more loot.
The way you loot is simple, look for people fighting each other and wait until one of them dies, the average Pker would leave most of the loot on the floor and take the stuff with over 100K value. It will take 30 seconds for the excess loot to appear but you'll need to be quick, you won't be the only looter there. Avoid taking food and go for rings, robes, boots, bows, swords, arrows and if you're lucky valuable amour. The best places to loot people are on Wilderness Specific worlds in the Edgeville Wilderness at levels 3-7 in the wild.