- slide 1 of 3
Tribal Wars General Info
For those of you looking for something to do (that’s free) while stuck at work on a conference call, let me introduce you to the online game Tribal Wars. You find it at tribalwars.net and sign up is easy and, as stated above, free!
- slide 2 of 3
As the title of the game implies, once you are in the game you will want to find a tribe to join because there will be those players wanting to declare war against you. Don’t think for one minute that joining a tribe will stop them from wanting to attack you, but it may cause them to hold off or at least give you some allies to help you out if they do.
- slide 3 of 3
Guide to Starting Out
When you start out, the server you select (or world) will randomly pick a place in the world where your village is located. You will start off with a small village, around 120 points. Click on the Village Headquarters and you will see a list of the buildings within your village and at what level they are currently. Your first job is to decide what your priority is for building up your village. You need to keep the following in mind when building your village.
1) You will need to be able to defend yourself against attacks from other, usually larger players
2) At some point you will have to attack someone else, with the goal of taking over their village
3) When you build something it requires villages (non-military) to maintain and operate it, so be mindful of the farm in your village (this will tell you the max number of people your village can support – both military and commoners)
4) Once you have some troops, raid the villages in your area for resources so that you can grow faster
5) Make at least a couple of friends. This game is designed to be played as a team/tribe; solo players will NEVER do well in the long run.
I’m not going to tell you which buildings to grow first to achieve maximum potential, because each person needs to play the game the way they feel most comfortable. I will mention that this game definitely favors the more aggressive player, but that doesn’t mean that you have to be a jerk to do well.
Good Luck to you as you proceed to try and take over the world!! My tribe’s motto is “World Domination with a Smile” at least on world 5.