Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Character Guide "The Joker"
The Joker is a character that has to mix things up and keep the competition guessing because of his relative physical weakness compared to the other characters in the game. All the Jokers moves play to his approach of stay-away and mix-it-up in his combat, and he needs them all.
The Joker is a complicated character that has to concentrate on fighting his way and not being drawn into a fight style he can't possible win. The Joker's strength begins with his ability to vary his attacks and keep his opponent guessing as to what is next and he needs to do this since he's a very weak physical fighter compared to the other characters in the game. Concentrate on using his bombs to keep opponents back and to attack at range, throwing playing cards and building up your rage when opponents don't want to come closer. Against extremely physically aggressive opponents, use his "Laughing Fist" and defensive move "Put It There Pal" to confuse the opponent and keep the Joker out of possible confrontations he can't win. In a tight situation use his Magic Trick to cover The Joker in a cloud of green smoke, then he can do just about any attack coming out of the shadows, and his opponent will have a harder time defending when he has no idea what's next.
- Boxing Jab -- attack 1 -- maximum damage is 3%
- Double Jab -- attack 1, attack 1 -- maximum damage 6%
- Triple Speed -- attack 1, attack 1, attack 1 -- maximum damage 11%
- Fatal Follow-up -- attack 1, attack 1, attack 2 -- maximum damage 13%
- Psycho Crusher -- attack 1, attack 1, attack 3 -- maximum damage 15% and Crumple
- I'm Krazy -- attack 1, attack 1, right + attack 2 -- maximum damage 13%
- Magik Trickz -- left + attack 1 -- maximum damage 16%
- Cross Strike -- attack 2 -- maximum damage 7%
- Laughing Punch -- left + attack 2 -- maximum damage 5% and Pop-up
- Overhead Smash -- right + attack 2 -- maximum damage 7%
- Gut Hit -- attack 3 -- maximum damage 7% and Crumple
- Laughing Matter -- attack 3, right + attack 2 -- maximum damage 12% and Pop-up
- Spin Sweep -- left + attack 3 -- maximum damage 7% and Knockdown
- Donkey Kick -- attack 4 -- maximum damage 9% and Knockdown
- Stickman Kick -- left + attack 4 -- maximum damage 7% and Pop-up
- Low Punch -- down + attack 1 -- maximum damage 2%
- Uppercut -- down + attack 2 -- maximum damage 13% and Pop-up
- Low Kick -- down + attack 3 -- maximum damage 2%
- Reaching Low Kick -- down + attack 4 -- maximum damage 2%
- Laughing Fist -- down, left, attack 3 -- maximum damage 13% and Knockdown -- a medium range attack used to keep your distance that hits pretty hard and is good as a follow-up after you hit your opponent with a Pop-up.
- Put It There Pal -- down, left, attack 1 -- maximum damage 9% -- This is a counter attack that will block and shock incoming high and middle attacks. Combo with this attack and you will automatically hit your opponent.
- Sinister Heels -- left, right, attack 4 -- maximum damage 8% and Knockdown -- Using this attack the Joke can move in from a few steps away and grab his opponent and knock him to the ground. You can catch opponents out of the air and this attack can be linked into from a combo attack, making it a useful and handy attack.
- Bombs Away Close -- right, right, attack 2 -- maximum damage 4% and a Pop-up -- Joker's bombs have a Pop-up effect that will arc your opponent towards you, which means you can easily follow up with attacks.
- Bombs Away Medium -- right, right, attack 3 -- maximum damage 4% and Pop-up -- This bomb attack is better when your opponent stays across the screen from you, which means you can toss this attack across the screen at your opponent.
- Funnyman -- left, down, right, attack 3 -- no damage -- Use this attack only when your opponent is otherwise occupied or laid out, since it will leave the Joker vulnerable to attack. This attack actually allows this insane character to gain rage without being attacked or attacking.
- Jokers Wild -- down, left, attack 2 -- maximum damage 7% -- This is a projectile attack that is only useful for long range attacks, but then the Joker should be played mostly at distance.
- Magic Trick -- down, left, attack 4 -- no damage -- This attacks the Joker in a cloud of green gas, which is good for giving him time to carry out any number of offensive and defensive attacks. Tap left, left to roll backwards out of the cloud or right, right to run toward your opponent for close in attacks.
- Surprise Pistol Whip -- attack 1 (after you do Magic Trick super move) -- maximum damage 9% -- A fast attack that can be upgraded with a pro move to add damage or give Joker a rage boost.
- Surprise Bomb -- attack 2 (after you do Magic Trick super move) -- maximum damage 9% and Pop-up - Joker will give his opponent a gift, a bomb, that will explode and cause a Pop-up.
- Surprise Stomp -- attack 3 (after you do Magic Trick super move) -- maximum damage 9% and Knockdown -- The Joker will come out of the green cloud and attack with a short jumping kick toward your nether-region.
- Surprise Slide -- attack 4 (after you do Magic Trick super move) -- maximum damage 9% and Knockdown -- Use this attack to get out of corners and areas where his movement is restricted. This super move is a sliding trip that will reverse the Joker's position with your opponent.
- Impractical Joke -- down, left, attack 4, attack 1, down, left, attack 2 -- If you do this move quick enough, and without a pause, you will add a pistol shot to the Joker's Surprise Pistol Whip super move.
- The Last Joke -- down, left, attack 4, attack 1, down, left, attack 3 -- Use this pro move without a pause to add a fake pistol shot into the Joker's Funny Man super move, which will refill the Joker's rage meter.
Fatality 1 -- right, left, right, attack 1 (close attack) -- The Joker pulls out a gun and fires off a fake round, but he's got a real gun stashed up his sleeve to add some surprise to the party.
Fatality 2 -- left, down, left, right, attack 2 (close attack) -- The Joker will throw cards that can leave you dead in your tracks.