- slide 1 of 7
- slide 2 of 7
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is one of the best superhero titles available for the Nintendo Wii, or any system, for that matter. Players take on the roles of their favorite Marvel superheroes (and a few choice villains) and work their way through a plot loosely based on the Civil War storyline from a few years ago.
Basically, the government decides that all superheroes must register with them and reveal their secret identities. The registration act quickly splits the Marvel superhero community in half with one group, led by Captain America, firmly opposed to the act and another, led by Iron Man, in favor of it.
With superheroes fighting superheroes, players need all the help they can get. Check out some useful hints and cheats for the game.
- slide 3 of 7
One of the coolest features of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is the ability of heroes to combine their powers to create devastating fusion attacks. These attacks take on different forms: The Invisible Woman encases The Thing in a round force field and he rolls around, bashing everything in sight while Juggernaut and Wolverine perform the infamous "Fastball Special." Using these fusions effectively is a big key to victory in the game.
Targeted fusions (i.e. Wolverine and Juggernaut's "Fastball Special) are best against boss-type enemies. They deliver massive damage to a target or two, but do little to clear out surrounding enemies. Use targeted fusions when facing a tough single foe.
Guided fusions (like the Invisible Woman/Thing "Hamster Ball") are best for taking out successive waves of enemies. They can be great for clearing a room, but work even better when you can direct them toward continually incoming waves of weaker enemies.
Clearing fusions (including the Thor/Thing "Double Ground Pound") work best when you find yourself overwhelmed by a screen full of enemies. These fusions can clear out the area and give you a bit of breathing room.
Beam-type fusions (Iron Man/Wolverine, for example) are great for striking a single target continually or working through a crowd of stronger enemies. Just be careful to not let the bad guys get behind either of your heroes.
Check out page two for a full listing of hero teams and their associated bonuses, as well as all the cheat codes for the game.
- slide 4 of 7
- slide 5 of 7
- slide 6 of 7
Players can earn bonuses for grouping characters together based on their history in the Marvel Universe. Some of these groups are obvious (Fantastic 4, X-Men) while others are a bit more obscure (Agile Warriors, Thunderbolts). Check out the full listing of team bonuses (for teams with more than four members, any combination will earn the bonus):
- "Natural Leaders:" Captain America, Ms. Marvel, Mr. Fantastic, Songbird, Storm. 5% bonus to experience points.
- "New Avengers:" Iron Man, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Wolverine, Spiderman, Ms. Marvel. +10% to all resistances.
- "Natural Forces:" Human Torch, Iceman, Jean Grey, Storm. 5% of damage returned as health.
- "Shut Up Already!" Iceman, Human Torch, Spiderman, The Thing. +15% to health.
- "Agile Warriors:" Daredevil, Deadpool, Iron Fist, Spiderman.
- "Fantastic Four:" Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, The Thing, Invisible Woman. +35% to fusion power gain.
- "X-Men:" Iceman, Storm, Wolverine, Gambit, Jean Grey. +15% to max stamina.
- "Classic Avengers:" Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor. +15% to max stamina.
- "Thunderbolts:" Green Goblin, Venom, Penance, Songbird. +5% damage.
- "Femmes Fatales:" Any four female characters. +5% damage.
- "Bruisers:" Hulk, Thor, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel, Venom, The Thing. +5 to strike.
- " Martial Artists:" Captain America, Daredevil, Deadpool, Iron Fist, Wolverine. +5 to strike.
- "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Daredevil, Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Ms. Marvel, Nick Fury, Wolverine. +15% maximum health.
- "Masters of Energy:" Gambit, Iron Fist, Jean Grey, Ms. Marvel, Nick Fury, Penance. +15% maximum health.
- "Master Minds:" Nick Fury, Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Spiderman. +15% maximum health.
- "Pro-Registration:" Iron Man, Deadpool, Mr. Fantastic, Ms. Marvel, Songbird, Spiderman. +15% maximum health.
- "Think Tanks:" Hulk, Green Goblin, Spiderman, Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic. +15% maximum health.
- slide 7 of 7
For invincibility along with unlimited energy and fusion power, enter the God Mode code during gameplay or at a menu screen: Down, Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Down on the d-pad.
To unlock all characters in the game, enter the following code at either the Hero Details or Team Select menu: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Left, Left, Right.
If playing through the training room bonus missions is more your speed, use the following code to unlock them all: Up, Right, Down, Left, Left, Right, Up, Up. Enter the code at the Hero Details menu.
Maybe you need just one extra level to get through a tough mission. Use the following code to get a free level for your heroes: Down, Up, Right, Up, Right, Up, Right, Down.
If ten levels seems like they'd be more help, use the following code to deliver a larger level up boost: Down, Up, Left, Up, Left, Up, Left, Down.
Maybe you don't want to beat around the bush. Use the following code to raise the level of all characters to 99: Down, Up, Left, Up, Right, Up, Left, Down.
Money can make all the difference. To receive maximum money, use the following code: Up, Up, Down, Down, Up, Up, Up, Down.
Finally, to unlock all powers, use the following code: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Right, Left.
For more great Nintendo Wii game information, be sure to check out the rest of the Wii Channel here at Bright Hub.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is rated T for Teen.