When it comes to Lord of the Rings Online, it is no different than other MMO games in terms of gold and the economy on each server. You will need to earn gold for everything - gear, weapons, buff items, food, and training. So, without gold, you really get no where. But, how do you make gold on top of grinding for it? Well, easy my friend - you simply pick up a profession that will help you out.
In Lord of the Rings Online, there are actually 7 professions that you can choose from - but unlike other MMO games, each profession is made up of three others. Each of these professions will have a gathering and a crafting profession, as well as one more that will fall into either category. Here are the professions and what they entail:
1. Armorer: This profession has prospecting, metalsmithing, and tailoring in it.
2. Armsman: This profession has prospecting, weaponsmithing, and woodworking in it.
3. Explorer: This profession has foresting, prospecting, and tailoring in it.
4. Historian: This profession has farming, scholar, and weaponsmithing in it.
5. Tinkerer: This profession has prospecting, jewelcrafting, and cooking in it.
6. Woodsman: This profession has foresting, farming, and woodworking in it.
7. Yeoman: This profession has farming, tailoring, and cooking in it.
Now, we won't go into each of these in detail in this article, but there are plenty of in-depth profession articles here on Bright Hub for you to check out!
Keep in mind that no matter which one you pick, you want to make sure that you place as many goods on the Auction House as possible to earn the maximum amount of gold with your profession.