- slide 1 of 3
Left 4 Dead: Overview
Left 4 Dead revolutionized the zombie shooter sub-genre by offering intense moments and grotesquely intelligent AI—the “Director". The sequel promises a more frantic experience in dealing with zombies, with the “Director" providing even more dynamic challenges and adjusting the scenario based on the performance. You can check out the Left 4 Dead 2 review to know more about any additional features and play value.
There’s no doubt about this sequel offers those never-before scary moments. However, there’s another way to enjoy Left 4 Dead 2—playing with console commands. While most PC games require you to tweak game files by rummaging through directories in the default C drive, Left 4 Dead 2 allows you to enable the cheat console via the in-game options menu. Here’s a step-by-step guide to enable the cheat console in the game:
- slide 2 of 3
Left 4 Dead 2 Console Commands: How to Enable the Cheat Console?
Activating the Developers Console: Start the Game>Main Menu>Options>Keyboard/Mouse>activate “Allow Developers Console"
Invoking the console cheat while playing the game: On any difficulty level, just press the tilde key (~) to invoke the console window.
Enable command cheats: To enable in-game cheats, just enter sv_cheats 1and press the Enter key.
You can then enter any cheat code. Whether single player or multiplayer, feel free to use the console commands given below:
- slide 3 of 3
Left 4 Dead 2 Console Cheats
- give sniper_military: gives a military sniper rifle to you
- give pumpshotgun or give shotgun_spas or give shotgun_chrome: gives you different types of shotguns.
- give weapon_grenade_launcher: gives you a grenade launcher to blast off those zombies
- give smg_silenced: gives a silenced sub-machine gun to you
- give smg: gives a submachine gun
- give rifle_ak47: gives you the AK-47 rifle
Cheat commands to spawn different types of grotesque zombies:
- Type z_spawn and then type any one of the zombie names (jockey, charger, hunter, boomer, tank, witch, spitter and smoker) to automatically spawn them.
- z_forcezombiemodel 1: this command spawns only a zombie model.
Miscellaneous Fun Cheat Commands:
- quit: bored hacking and slashing the zombies? Just enter quit to end the game.
- give electric_guitar: gives you a guitar
- give frying_pan: And why do you need this? Probably to inflict lumps on zombies heads Tom and Jerry style? *laughs*
- give rifle_desert: gives you a combat rifle to kill all surrounding zombies
- give_melee: gives you hunter claws for one-on-one fights with zombies
- give vomitjar: hate those special infected creeps puking on you? How about giving a taste of their own medicine. Type this command code to give you the boomer bile.
- give machete: typing this code will give a large cleaver-like tool to hack those infected blokes.
Those were some of the best Left 4 Dead 2 console commands. For Left for Dead console cheats, refer to the Left 4 Dead PC commands and cheats guide.