- slide 1 of 5
- slide 2 of 5
Titles and Guild Wars
The Ultimate Guide to Guild Wars will allow players to dive into the game like never before. Discover the correct ways to gear and rune a character, gain access to every dungeon guide, uncover the secrets to obtaining titles, learn how to solo farm and make more gold than Guild Wars will allow, as well as much much more.
Titles in Guild Wars are a way to show off a player’s achievements and accomplishments in the game. There are a total of 44 different title tracks across all the Guild Wars campaigns; Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North. However, players can only achieve a maximum of 43 on any given character. The two titles that collide with each other are Survivor and Defender of Ascalon. You cannot get Defender of Ascalon without dying and you cannot die to get Survivor. So to get one the character will miss out on getting the other.
Titles are displayed under the Guild Wars character’s name. To view titles in progress or to see those that are completed tap the “h" key while in game and a screen will come up with a tab that allows you an overview of all your titles. Players can also change which title is displayed on their character from this screen as well.
- slide 3 of 5
The Sunspear title can only be obtained in the Nightfall campaign of Guild Wars. This title focuses on obtaining Sunspear points on each character. This title is character specific and all characters on one account must complete the requirements to complete the title, unlike other titles which are account wide.
- 1- 50 Points – Sunspear Sergeant
- 2- 100 Points – Sunspear Master Sergeant
- 3- 175 Points – Second Spear
- 4- 300 Points – First Spear
- 5- 500 Points – Sunspear Captain
- 6- 1,000 Points – Sunspear Commander
- 7- 2,500 Points – Sunspear General
- 8- 7,500 Points – Sunspear Castellan
- 9- 15,000 Points – Spearmarshal
- 10- 50,000 Points – Legendary Spearmarshal
- slide 4 of 5
Many titles in the Guild Wars game offer benefits to the player and Sunspear is one of them. When a character starts rising in the ranks they will get access to Sunspear skills. These skills are Player versus Environment (PvE) only though. Upon reaching the rank of Sunspear Sergeant, rank 1, characters can talk to Libeh, Shiloh, or Pikin who are the hero skill trainers for Sunspear skills and purchase the following skills for 1 hero skill point each.
- Eternal Aura
- “There’s Nothing to Fear!"
- Critical Agility
- Cry of Pain
- Seed of Life
- Never Rampage Alone
- Whirlwind Attack
The Sunspear Rebirth Signet is also available to characters with this title track. Players can get this skill at Second Spear, rank 3, for characters that were not started in Nightfall and Sunspear Sergeant, rank 1, for characters that were started in Nightfall.
- slide 5 of 5
Sunspear Title Walkthrough
There are quite a few ways to obtain Sunspear points. Some ways are faster than others; however, you will need to decide what works best for you and your game play.
- Specific quests will award Sunspear points.
- Sunspear point farms are a favorite. Get the bounty buff for your area and then go kill that specific creature type for Sunspear points.
- Turn in Night Falls Storybook.
- Turn in Young Heroes of Tyria Storybook.
- Completing specific Nightfall missions will award Sunspear points.
- Vanquish areas in Kourna or Istan.
- Getting the masters reward from the missions in normal mode and hard mode will award both Sunspear and Lightbringer points.
The Ultimate Guide to Guild Wars will help any player with their game. Learn everything there is to know about earning gold, solo farming, dungeon guides, character class walkthroughs, obtaining titles, and so much more. Your game and your characters are about to take a plunge into greatness! Good luck and have fun impressing your Guild Wars friends!