- slide 1 of 4
Titles and Guild Wars
The Ultimate Guide to Guild Wars will allow players to dive into the game like never before. Discover the correct ways to gear and rune a character, gain access to every dungeon guide, uncover the secrets to obtaining titles, learn how to solo farm and make more gold than Guild Wars will allow, as well as much much more.
Titles in Guild Wars are a way to show off a player’s achievements and accomplishments in the game. There are a total of 44 different title tracks across all the Guild Wars campaigns; Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North. However, players can only achieve a maximum of 43 on any given character. The two titles that collide with each other are Survivor and Defender of Ascalon. You cannot get Defender of Ascalon without dying and you cannot die to get Survivor. So to get one the character will miss out on getting the other.
Titles are displayed under the Guild Wars character’s name. To view titles in progress or to see those that are completed tap the “h” key while in game and a screen will come up with a tab that allows you an overview of all your titles. Players can also change which title is displayed on their character from this screen as well.
- slide 2 of 4
The Lightbringer title is a title that can only be obtained in the Nightfall campaign of Guild Wars. This title focuses on obtaining Lightbringer points on each character. This title is character specific and all characters on one account must complete the requirements to complete the title, unlike other titles which are account wide.
- 1- 100 Points – Lightbringer
- 2- 300 Points – Adept Lightbringer
- 3- 1,000 Points – Brave Lightbringer
- 4- 2,500 Points – Mighty Lightbringer
- 5- 7,500 Points – Conquering Lightbringer
- 6- 15,000 Points – Vanquishing Lightbringer
- 7- 25,000 Points – Revered Lightbringer
- 8- 50,000 Points – Holy Lightbringer
- slide 3 of 4
Many titles in the Guild Wars game offer benefits to the player and Lightbringer is one of them. When a character starts rising in the ranks they will get access to Sunspear skills. These skills are Player versus Environment (PvE) only though. Upon reaching the ranks of Lightbringer, Adept Lightbringer, and Brave Lightbringer players can take their character to talk to Seeker of Whispers who stays in Chantry of Secrets.
- Rank 1 – Lightbringer
- Rank 2 – Lightbringer’s Gaze
- Rank 3 – Lightbringer Signet
Players are also awarded with hero skill points. For obtaining the first rank in the Lightbringer title track the character will receive 1 point and then 2 points each for the remainder of the levels. This will ultimately give the character 15 hero skill points.
- slide 4 of 4
There are quite a few ways to obtain Lightbringer points. Some ways are faster than others; however, you will need to decide what works best for you and your game play.
- Specific quests will award your character Lightbringer points.
- Lightbringer point farms are a favorite for this title. Get the bounty buff for your area and then go kill that specific creature type for Lightbringer points.
- Turn in Night Falls Storybook.
- Turn in Young Heroes of Tyria Storybook.
- Completing specific Nightfall missions will award Lightbringer points.
- Vanquish areas in The Desolation or Vabbi.
- Getting the masters reward from the missions in normal mode and hard mode will award both Sunspear and Lightbringer points.
The Ultimate Guide to Guild Wars will help any player with their game. Learn everything there is to know about earning gold, solo farming, dungeon guides, character class walkthroughs, obtaining titles, and so much more. Your game and your characters are about to take a plunge into greatness! Good luck and have fun impressing your Guild Wars friends!