- slide 1 of 4
What are Titles
Titles in Guild Wars are a way to show off a player's achievements and accomplishments in the game. There are a total of 44 different title tracks across all the Guild Wars campaigns; Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North. However, players can only achieve a maximum of 43 on any given character. The two titles that collide with each other are Survivor and Defender of Ascalon. You cannot get Defender of Ascalon without dying and you cannot die to get Survivor. So to get one the character will miss out on getting the other.
Titles are displayed under the Guild Wars character’s name. To view titles in progress or to see those that are completed tap the “h” key while in game and a screen will come up with a tab that allows you an overview of all your titles. Players can also change which title is displayed on their character from this screen as well.
- slide 2 of 4
The Gamer title is a core title in the Guild Wars game that does not directly deal with any specific campaign but instead with festival party games. Players must win points in different festival games throughout each campaign. The games are not always available except during a festival and not all festivals offer games.
There are 10 ranks to the Gamer title track that players must advance through before reaching the maxed status.
- 1 – 1,000 Points – Skillz
- 2 – 2,000 Points – Pro Skillz
- 3 – 4,000 Points – Numchuck Skillz
- 4 – 7,000 Points – Mad Skillz
- 5 – 12,000 Points – Uber Micro Skillz
- 6 – 20,000 Points – Gosu Skillz
- 7 – 32,500 Points – 1337 Skillz
- 8 – 50,000 Points – iddqd Skillz
- 9 – 70,000 Points – T3h Haxz0rz Skillz
- 10 – 90,000 Points – Pure Pwnage Skillz
- slide 3 of 4
The different festival games are found throughout the Guild Wars games and each one awards a different amount of points. None of these games are held on a regular basis and all must be played during their scheduled events. These events only happen once a year with a few exceptions that will be announced on the Guild Wars log in screen. No one knows when or if an event is going to be repeated.
- Wintersday – Snowball Fights – Win = 10 Points
- Dragon Festival/Gamer Weekend/Birthday Celebration/Canthan New Year – Rollerbeetle Racing – Win = 7 Points, 2nd place = 5 Points, 3rd place = 3 Points, 4th place = 2 Points, 5th and 6th will get 1 Point if they end up finishing within 30 seconds from when the first person crossed the finish line.
- Dragon Festival/Gamer Weekend/Birthday Celebration – Dragon Arena – Win = 5 Points
- Dragon Festival/Gamer Weekend/Birthday Celebration – Shing Jea Boardwalk Dragon Nest – Win = 1 Point
- Halloween – Costume Brawl – Win = 9 Points plus an additional Point for a consecutive win with the max being 50 Points.
- slide 4 of 4
Gamer Title Walkthrough
This core title track is another elusive and hard to find title in the Guild Wars game. The Gamer title is not going to be cheap to get either. It is important to focus on only doing the games during festivals and not anything else so players can maximize their character’s game point potential. It can take years to max this title out so picking a game and sticking with it during a festival is imperative. Some games cost money to play and a lot of it too.
Be prepared for an upcoming festival and have plenty of cash around to buy tickets or whatever else is needed. Players with a maxed Gamer title: Pure Pwnage Skillz is admired in the game for their dedication to such a difficult title. Good luck gaming!