Guild Wars: Shards of Orr Dungeon Guide
Guild Wars offers players an unlimited world of monsters and allies to fight and win battles with. Dungeons in Guild Wars will also give players opportunity to make large amounts of Guild Wars gold in the game.
Shards of Orr and Related Quests
Guild Wars is the top free MMORPG game and players everywhere are falling in love with the characters, story, and scenery. With the newest expansion Eye of the North: Guild Wars players are offered a chance to enter the world of dungeons and receive new loot. Shards of Orr is one such dungeon in Guild Wars that has impressive rewards for completing the dungeon or killing bosses. This dungeon consists of 3 levels where the final battle will find you face to face with the boss Fendi Nin. You will also encounter other monster types such as enchanted weapons and a multitude of undead that are levels 24 through 28 with the final boss being a level 29. There is a collector inside Shards of Orr named Qogg. In exchange for 5 Undead bones Qogg will give you an item of your choosing or a handy dungeon map. This is arguably the hardest dungeon in the entire Guild Wars game and should not be attempted by an unprepared party.
Lost Souls is the name of the quest associated with Shards of Orr and it is repeatable. Visit Crewmember Shandra who is in Arbor Bay to receive the quest.
Location and Navigation
Finding your way to the location of and then navigating through any dungeon in Guild Wars can be a challenge in itself without mentioning the bosses, your henchmen not listening, and other problems that can arise. Dungeons are spread out all over Eye of the North in hidden locations that you must discover yourself. There will not be a marker on your map to the location of any dungeon unless you have taken your character to the spot and uncovered it. The entrance to Shards of Orr is located in the Arbor Bay area south of Vlox’s Falls. However, do not travel there to get to the dungeon unless you just want to fight or explore because there is also an entrance in Gadd’s Encampment via the Asura Gate.
Follow the inside dungeon map carefully to avoid unnecessary fights and going down the wrong tunnels. Here is a map of the 3 levels inside the Shards of Orr.
Light of Deldrimor Locations
Almost every dungeon in Eye of the North: Guild Wars has treasures to discover and allies to fight by your side. Shards of Orr is no exception. If you carry the Light of Deldrimor skill on your skill bar and use it in the correct locations you will discover a whole new level of making gold in dungeons. Here are the Light of Deldrimor locations inside the Shards of Orr dungeon.
- By the steps leading to the second floor will be a Dwarven Ghost.
- There will be 2 Hidden Treasures as well as 2 Dwarven Ghosts near the level exit.
- Find a Hidden Treasure by the dungeon key.
- Walking from the dungeon key towards Gadd’s Encampment will have another Hidden Treasure along the way.
- Grab the Dwarven Ghost by the dungeon lock.
- Near the exit to Gadd’s Encampment there will be a Dwarven Ghost.
- The graveyard will have 2 Hidden Treasures to loot and 2 Dwarven Ghosts to fight by your side.
- There will be 1-3 Hidden Treasures near the traps on the second level.
- After lighting the torches you will have access to a new area with 2 Hidden Treasures.
- The room before you face the final boss will have 3 Hidden Treasures.
At the end of the Shards of Orr dungeon a chest will spawn named Fendi’s Chest. This chest will open one time for each player giving 2 items in hard mode and 1 in normal mode. This specific chest awards:
Crafting Materials; Diamond or Onyx Gemstone.
- Gold Polymock Piece
- Gold Item; some exclusive to this dungeon include the Bone Dragon Staff or Suntouched Staff
- Unique Item; Fendi’s Staff, Rod, or Focus.
Upon completion of the Shards of Orr dungeon your character will also receive 4500 Asuran reputation points in hard mode and 3000 in normal mode. These numbers are cut in half for additional dungeon completions with your character. If your party is having trouble try bringing the enemies to the poison traps because it will help kill them. Bring a lot of AoE because the monsters like to stay close to each other and this can help wipe them out faster.