- slide 1 of 5
- slide 2 of 5
Darkrime Delves and Related Quests
Guild Wars is the top free MMORPG game and players everywhere are falling in love with the characters, story, and scenery. With the newest expansion Eye of the North: Guild Wars players are offered a chance to enter the world of dungeons and receive new loot. Darkrime Delves is one such dungeon in Guild Wars that has impressive rewards for completing the dungeon or killing bosses. This dungeon consists of 3 levels where the final battle will find you face to face with Havok Soulwail. You will also find various elementals, giants, dryders, and dragons that are levels 20 through 28 with the final boss, Havok Soulwail, being a level 29. You will also encounter some level 15 vaettirs here and there. You can tame a white crab for a pet in this dungeon. Do not rush during Darkrime Delves because the pop ups will wipe an unprepared party without warning. Dobb the collector will exchange a dungeon map or item of your choice for 5 Jotun Pelts in Darkrime Delves.
To complete this dungeon and explore all the levels you will need to obtain a quest called The Misanthropic Jotun Principle. Grab this quest from Einarr Frostcleft in the Bjora Marches. He is standing in a Norn settlement. Follow this map to reach him.
- slide 3 of 5
Location and Navigation of Darkrime Delves
Finding your way to the location of and then navigating through any dungeon in Guild Wars can be a challenge in itself without mentioning the bosses, your henchmen not listening, and other problems that can arise. Dungeons are spread out all over Eye of the North in hidden locations that you must discover yourself. There will not be a marker on your map to the location of any dungeon unless you have taken your character to the spot and uncovered it. To reach Darkrime Delves you will need to venture into the Bjora Marches. Here is a map of the location to this dungeon.
Follow the inside dungeon map carefully to avoid unnecessary fights and going down the wrong tunnels. Here are maps of all 3 levels in the Darkrime Delves dungeon.
- slide 4 of 5
Light of Deldrimor Locations
Almost every dungeon in Eye of the North: Guild Wars has treasures to discover and allies to fight by your side. Darkrime Delves is no exception. If you carry the Light of Deldrimor skill on your skill bar and use it in the correct locations you will discover a whole new level of making gold in dungeons. Here are the Light of Deldrimor locations inside the Darkrime Delves dungeon.
- Next to the area map will be your first Dwarven Ghost.
- After going across the metal bridge you will find a Hidden Treasure between the blue gates.
- Between that Hidden Treasure and the northern dungeon lock will be another Hidden Treasure.
- The north blue gate will also have a Hidden Treasure.
- There will be a final Hidden Treasure for level 1 south of the portal for level 2.
- The area map on the second floor also holds a Dwarven Ghost.
- Right after the area map, on the north side of the ridge, will be a Hidden Treasure.
- When you come to the entrance of the second frozen area there will be 2 Hidden Treasures.
- Northeast of the area map will hold a Dwarven Ghost.
- In the southern most room of the third floor there is a secret switch.
- The secret switch opens a room with 2 Hidden Treasures and 1 Dwarven Ghost.
- Next to the secret switch is another Hidden Treasure.
- Right before you enter Havok Soulwail’s room there will be a Hidden Treasure.
- Next to Havok Soulwail will be an additional Hidden Treasure.
- The final Hidden Treasure for the third level is found in the northwest corner of Havok Soulwail’s room.
- slide 5 of 5
Darkrime Delves Rewards
At the end of the Darkrime Delves dungeon a chest will spawn that is called Havok’s Chest for defeating the end boss Havok Soulwail. This chest will open one time for each person giving 2 items in hard mode and 1 in normal mode. This specific chest awards:
- Crafting Materials; Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby, or Onyx Gemstone
- Naga Shaman Polymock Piece
- Gold Item; some exclusive to this dungeon include the Violet Edge, Cobalt Staff, Stygian Reaver, and Deamon Tongue Scythe
- Unique Item; The Soulwailer, Havok’s Maul, or Havok’s Shield.
Upon completion of the Darkrime Delves dungeon your character will also receive 2250 Norn reputation points in hard mode and 1500 in normal mode. These numbers are cut in half for additional dungeon completions with your character. Even though Einarr Frostcleft and Kolgrim Bainwight follow you during the dungeon they will not help you fight. The monsters in Darkrime Delves will fight amongst themselves; if you wait you could possibly reduce the number of things you need to kill. If you get to the second level and the boss, Grelk Icelash, did not spawn then you will need to repeat this dungeon because he holds the red key and without it you cannot continue.