Guild Wars: Cathedral of Flames Dungeon Guide
Guild Wars offers players an unlimited world of monsters and allies to fight and win battles with. Dungeons in Guild Wars will also give players opportunity to make large amounts of Guild Wars gold in the game.
Cathedral of Flames and Related Quests
Guild Wars is the top free MMORPG game and players everywhere are falling in love with the characters, story, and scenery. With the newest expansion Eye of the North: Guild Wars players are offered a chance to enter the world of dungeons and receive new loot. Cathedral of Flames is one such dungeon in Guild Wars that has impressive rewards for completing the dungeon or killing bosses. This dungeon consists of 3 levels where the final battle will find you face to face with the Lady of the Night Murakai. You will also find various charr, ghosts, undead, and enchanted weapons that are levels 20 through 28 with the final boss, Murakai, being a level 29. You will also encounter some level 17 phantoms. Stop by and visit one of the three collectors; Dextarr Dirtdigger, Akom, or Lars Bridgeater. Dextarr will give you a blindfold for 50 Diessa Chalices. Akom will give you a dungeon map or item of your choice for 5 Stone Claws. Lars will offer a dread mask for 25 Golden Rin Relics.
The quest Temple of the Damned is available for this dungeon and is repeatable. You can obtain this quest from Gron Fierceclaw who is the merchant in the outpost Doomlore Shrine.
Location and Navigation of the Cathedral of Flames
Finding your way to the location of and then navigating through any dungeon in Guild Wars can be a challenge in itself without mentioning the bosses, your henchmen not listening, and other problems that can arise. Dungeons are spread out all over Eye of the North in hidden locations that you must discover yourself. There will not be a marker on your map to the location of any dungeon unless you have taken your character to the spot and uncovered it. There is no need for a map from Doomlore Shrine to the Cathedral of Flames because getting there is simple. You will only need to talk to Gron Fierceclaw again after taking the quest Temple of the Damned to gain entry into the Cathedral of Flames.
Follow the inside dungeon map carefully to avoid unnecessary fights and going down the wrong tunnels. Here are maps of all 3 levels in the Cathedral of Flames.
Light of Deldrimor Locations
Almost every dungeon in Eye of the North: Guild Wars has treasures to discover and allies to fight by your side. Cathedral of Flames is no exception. If you carry the Light of Deldrimor skill on your skill bar and use it in the correct locations you will discover a whole new level of making gold in dungeons. Here are the Light of Deldrimor locations inside the Cathedral of Flames.
- The area map will have a Dwarven Ghost by it.
- The mess hall first and second tables will have another Dwarven Ghost hidden between them.
- The second ghostly ally, close to the wall, will have a Hidden Treasure.
The end of the great hall by the Beacon of Droknar will have a Hidden Treasure.
- There is a Hidden Treasure to be found behind Faze Magekiller.
- After passing through the dungeon lock there will be a Hidden Treasure.
- Also, right past the door by the Resurrection Shrine is another Hidden Treasure.
- The room in the back will hold a Hidden Treasure.
- The Keeper will have a Hidden Treasure by it as well.
- On the second level go east and when you find a path going north there will be a Hidden Treasure.
- Each path along this east passage will have a Hidden Treasure but this can be random.
- Going south from the second floor entrance is another Hidden Treasure.
- There is a lava pool northeast of Tyndir Flamecaller that will have 2 Hidden Treasures for you to discover.
- From the middle shrine walk southeast into a pool of lava and there you will find a Hidden Treasure.
- Kill your first group and then grab the Hidden Treasure that is right by the portal to level 3.
- The southwest corner of the burning garden has another Hidden Treasure.
- There is a random Hidden Treasure that spawns in the middle of the burning garden room or in the south end.
- When you reach the area map you will find 2-3 Hidden Treasures to loot.
- From the area map go over the bridge and left you will find a Hidden Treasure by the stone wall.
Cathedral of Flames Rewards
At the end of the Cathedral of Flames a chest will spawn that is called Murakai’s Chest after defeating the end boss Murakai. This chest will open one time for each person giving 2 items in hard mode and 1 in normal mode. This specific chest awards:
- Crafting Materials; Diamond or Onyx Gemstone
- Ruby Djinn Polymock Piece
- Gold Item; some exclusive to this dungeon include the Notched Blade and Darkhorn Rod
- Unique Item; Murakai’s Maul, Blade, or Reaver.
Upon completion of the Cathedral of Flames you will also receive 2250 Ebon Vanguard reputation points in hard mode and 1500 in normal mode. These numbers are cut in half for additional dungeon completions with your character. Sometimes the Light of Deldrimor treasures can be bugged in this dungeon. Also, in hard mode the boss who drops the blue dungeon key is sometimes dead and it prevents you from venturing further in the dungeon. If this happens you will need to restart the entire dungeon run.