- slide 1 of 9
Gears of War 3 is sure to be one of this fall’s monster hits . This 360-exclusive title features a return to the cover-based shooting fans of the series have come to love and also introduces a whole new enemy for Marcus and company to take on: the Lambent.
The in-game achievements that gamers will be tracking down this fall was recently revealed on gearsofwar.com. Check out full details below.
- slide 2 of 9
A series of achievements will be awarded to players as they progress through the game’s campaign.
- Marcus, It’s Your Father: complete the prologue.
- Swimmin’ in Glowie Gravy: Complete Act 1, Chapter 2.
- We Struck Gold, Son!: Complete Act 1, Chapter 3.
- My Turf! Cougars Territory!: Complete Act 1, Chapter 5.
- Putting it Scientifically: Complete Act 1, Chapter 6.
- Okay, Now We Find Hoffman: Complete Act 2, Chapter1.
- Oh Yeah, It’s Pirate Time: Complete Act 2, Chapter 5.
- Thanks for Flying Gas Bag Airways: Complete Act 2, Chapter 7.
- Anvil Gate’s Last Resort: Complete Act 3, Chapter 1.
- Was it Good for You?: Complete Act 3, Chapter 2.
- Lost Your Good Driver Discount: Complete Act 3, Chapter 3.
- Brothers to the End: Complete Act 3, Chapter 5.
- Think You Can Handle That?: Complete Act 4, Chapter 3.
- Baird’s Favorite Kind of Toy: Complete Act 4, Chapter 5.
- Welcome to <redacted>: Complete Act 4, Chapter 6.
- Look at That, Instant Summer: Complete Act 5, Chapter 2.
- Ok. Faith. Yeah. Got it: Complete Act 5, Chapter 5.
- We’ve Finally Got a Tomorrow: Complete Act 5, Chapter 6.
- slide 3 of 9
Game Completion Achievements
There are three different achievements for completing the game on various difficulty settings. They are:
- Ready for More: Complete all acts on “casual" or “normal" difficulty.
- Ain’t My First Rodeo: Complete all acts on “hardcore" difficulty.
- That’s Just Crazy: Complete all acts on “insane" difficulty.
- slide 4 of 9
Like previous entries in the series, there are a number of “collectible" items to be found in the game world, along with a number of COG tags to be collected from fallen comrades. There are four in-game achievements to be earned by finding and collecting these items:
- Collector: Recover five campaign collectibles.
- Pack Rat: Recover 20 campaign collectibles.
- Hoarder: Recover all 42 collectibles in the campaign.
- Remember the Fallen: Find and recover all 15 COG tags during the campaign missions.
- slide 5 of 9
Cooperative play is a hallmark of the Gears of War series, and the third game includes a full co-op campaign. These achievements can be earned by playing alongside a friend or three:
- My Fellow Gears: Complete all acts in the campaign in co-op mode.
- We Few, We Happy Few: Complete the campaign in 4-player co-op mode. This achievement will also unlock an avatar award
- slide 6 of 9
These achievements are for those who fancy themselves pretty skilled in the game’s multiplayer, Beast, and Horde modes. The full list includes:
- Level 5: Reach level five.
- Level 10: Reach level ten.
- Level 15: Reach level 15.
- Level 25: Reach level 25.
- Level 50: Reach level 50.
- Judge, Jury and Executioner: Perform every possible finishing move in any mode.
- Wreaking Locust Vengeance: Kill an enemy with every locust monster in Beast Mode.
- Enriched and Fortified: Complete all 50 waves of Horde mode.
- It’s all About the Loot: Earn the Bronze “Loot Courtesan" medal.
- All for One, One for All: Earn the Bronze “Force Multiplier" medal.
- First Among Equals: Earn the Silver “Number One" Medal.
- Award-Winning Tactics: Earn at least one Onyx medal.
- Seriously 3.0: Reach level 100 and earn every single Onyx medal.
- slide 7 of 9
The “accessibility" achievements seem to be Epic’s way of encouraging players to check out all the game modes in Gears of War 3. The full list includes:
- Welcome to Versus: Kill ten enemies in team deathmatch.
- The Versus Sampler Platter: Complete one match of all six Versus game modes.
- Welcome to Horde Mode: Complete the first ten waves in Horde Mode.
- Welcome to Beast Mode: Survive all 12 waves in Beast Mode.
- Welcome to Arcade Mode: Complete five separate campaign chapters in Arcade co-op.
- slide 8 of 9
The final category of Gears of War 3 achievements is for those that can only be earned in the game’s multiplayer modes. There are only three, and they are as follows:
- Welcome to the Big Leagues: Demonstrate your skill in Casual Versus multiplayer (this achievement earns you 0 points)
- Wait, What Time is it?: Earn the maximum consecutive match bonus in versus multiplayer.
- Socialite: Earn the coveted Onyx “War Supporter" medal.
- slide 9 of 9
Achievement information and images from Gearsofwar.com.