Far Cry 2 Cheats: Devmode, Cheat Codes and Shortcuts
This article gives you a list of potential cheats for Far Cry 2 the popular FPS for the PC. It shows you how to start the game in devmode, how to activate various cheats in devmode, how to enter cheat codes to unlock content and how to create shortcuts so the game will start up with cheats enabled.
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 2 is a first-person shooter set in a fictional African nation which has descended into a bloody civil war. The open ended game-play sees the player cast as a mercenary and free to ally with one or more factions as they play through the unfolding story in a huge open environment. The original Far Cry was developed by Crytek but publishers Ubisoft decided to develop this sequel themselves and it bears little relation to the original game.
The game is visually stunning and features typical FPS action but the open ended nature and the fact the player can impact on various characters in meaningful ways led to generally favourable reviews. Despite some technical issues which are still to be fixed the game has found a large audience and there is a busy multiplayer scene which is class based and features four standard FPS modes.
There are a number of cheats available for use in Far Cry 2 which have various effects on the game. This article provides you with a detailed guide to using cheats.
Devmodes are included for developers so that they can test various aspects of the game before release however they remain in the code and can be used by players. Begin by adding “-DEVMODE" to your command line parameter, this will unlock all levels and once in the game players can press the following keys (without the quotation marks) to access various cheats.
- Decrease Speed “-“
- Increase Speed “="
- Toggle Invincibility “Backspace"
- Toggle First/Third Person “F1"
- Advance to Next Checkpoint “F2"
- Warp to Spawn Point “F3"
- Toggle No Clipping “F4"
- Return to Default Speed “F5"
- Save Current Position “F9"
- Load Current Position “F10"
- Toggle Extra Info “F11"
- All Weapons “P"
- All Ammo “O"
There are a number of cheat codes you can use to unlock bonus missions and secret content. Go to Additional Content in the Menu and input the following codes (they are case sensitive).
- zUmU6Rup – Unlocks Bonus Missions
- 96CesuHu - Unlocks Bonus Missions
- SpujeN7x - Unlocks Bonus Missions
- 6aPHuswe – Unlocks 6 Bonus Missions
- Cr34ufrE - Unlocks 6 Bonus Missions
- tr99pUkA - Unlocks 6 Bonus Missions
- THaCupR4 – Unlocks Secret Missions
- 2Eprunef - Unlocks Secret Missions
- tar3QuzU - Unlocks Secret Missions
- JeM8SpaW – Unlocks Extra’s
- sa7eSUPR - Unlocks Extra’s
Alternately you can edit the shortcut to launch the game for various effects by adding the following command line parameters. To do this right click the game launching exe and add the following (Note: Complete the tutorial before using these).
- -GameProfile_GodMode 1 (This will activate God mode)
- -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1 (This will skip intro movies)
- -GameProfile_UnlimitedAmmo 1 (This will give you unlimited ammo)
- -GameProfile_AllWeaponsUnlock 1 (This will give you all the weapons)
- -GameProfile_UnlimitedReliability 1 (Your weapons will never jam)