Pin Me

Diablo 2 Item Guide: Normal Unique Shields

by: Finn Orfano ; edited by: Michael Hartman ; updated: 4/17/2012 • Leave a comment

A look at the normal non-exceptional unique shields in the Blizzard game Diablo 2.

  • slide 1 of 4

    Basics

    Normal unique items are still highly sought after and depending on your character, can give you a tremendous boost in game play. Here are some of the better unique items in the game today.

  • slide 2 of 4

    Normal Unique Shields

    Pelta Lunata

    The Pelta Lunata is a Buckler that has a defense of 39 and a base defense of 4-6. It has a level requirement of 2 and a strength requirement of 12. It has a 20-24 durability and a paladin smite damage of 1-3. There is a chance to block of 50% for Paladins, 45% of Amazons, Assassins and Barbarians, and 40% for Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress'. Its special buffs are +2, to strength, +10 to vitality, +10 to energy, 40% faster block rate, 20% increased chance of blocking, +30 to defense, and +20-40% enhanced defense.

    Umbral Disk

    The Umbral Disk is a Small shield that has a defense of 45-46 and a base defense of 8-10. It has a level requirement of 9 and a required strength of 22. It has a 26-31 durability and a paladin smite damage of 2-3. There is a chance to block of 65% for Paladins, of 60% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 55% for Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress'. Its special buffs are hit blinds target (like dim vision), +10-15 durability, -2 to light radius, +10 to dexterity, +20 to life, 30% increased chance of blocking, +30 defense, and +40-50% enhanced defense.

    Stormguild

    The Stormguild is a Large shield that has a defense of 52-54 and a base defense of 12-14. It has a level requirement of 13 and a required strength of 34. It has a 34-39 durability and a paladin smite damage of 2-4. There is a chance to block of 72% for Paladins, of 67% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 62% for Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress'. Its special buffs are magic damage reduced by 1, attacker takes lightning damage of 3, adds 1-6 lightning damage, lightning resist +25%, +30% increased chance of blocking, +30 defense, and +50-60% enhanced defense.

     

  • slide 3 of 4
  • slide 4 of 4

    Steelclash

    The Steelclash is a Kite shield that has a defense of 50-58 and a base defense of 16-18. It has a level requirement of 17 and a required strength of 47. It has a 45-50 durability and a paladin smite damage of 2-5. There is a chance to block of 63% for Paladins, of 58% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 53% for Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress'. Its special buffs are +20 to defense, +60-100% enhanced defense, 25% increased chance of blocking, all resistances +15, 20% faster block rate, +1 to paladin skills, +3 to light radius, and damage reduced by 3.

    Swordback Hold

    The Swordback Hold is a Spiked shield that has a defense of 43-51 and a base defense of 15-25. It has a level requirement of 15 and a strength requirement of 30. It has a durability of 40 and a paladin smite damage of 5-9. There is a chance to block of 60% for paladins, of 55% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 50% to Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress'. +30-60% enhanced defense, +10 to defense, 20% increased chance of blocking, 50% chance of open wounds (bleed and lose health), and the attacker takes damage of 10.

    Bverrit Keep

    The Bverrit Keep is a Tower shield that has a defense of 76-87 and a base defense of 22-25. It has a level requirement of 19 and a required strength of 75. It has a durability of 140-160 and a paladin smite damage of 1-5. There is a chance to block of 64% for Paladins, of 59% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 54% for Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress'. Its special buffs are +80-120% defense, +30 defense, 10% increased chance of blocking, fire resist +75%, +5 to strength, and magic damage reduced by 5.

    Wall of the Eyeless

    The Wall of the Eyeless is a Bone shield that has a defense of 50-53 and a base defense of 10-30. It has a level requirement of 20 and a strength requirement of 25. It has a durability of 40 and a paladin smite damage of 3-6. There is a chance to block of 50% for Paladins, of 45% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and 40% for Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress'. The special buffs are +30-40% enhanced defense, +10 to defense, +5 to mana after every kill (doesn't work if kill is made by a minion), 20% faster cast rate, 3% mana stolen per hit, and 20% poison resist.

    The Ward

    The Ward is a Gothic shield that has a defense of 112 and a base defense of 30-35. It has a level requirement of 26 and a strength requirement of 60. It has a durability of 40 and a paladin smite damage of 2-6. There is a chance to block of 56% for Paladins, of 51% for Amazons, Assassins, and Barbarians, and of 46% for Druids, Necromancers, and Sorceress'. The special buffs are +10 to strength, magic damage reduced by 2, all resistances +30-50, 10% increased chance of blocking, +40 defense, and +100% enhanced defense.