- slide 1 of 8
These first achievements are all unlocked during natural progression of the storyline and can't be missed. Some of the descriptions may contain spoilers, so proceed with caution.
- Patient on the Loose (15 GS/Bronze) - Get your first Suit.
- Derailed (20 GS/Bronze) - Survive the Train Sequence.
- One Small Step (10 GS/Bronze) - Get through the first Zero-G area.
- Clever Girls (10 GS/Bronze) - Survive your first encounter with Stalkers.
- Torment Me No More (20 GS/Bronze) - Kill the Tormentor.
- The Graduate (20 GS/Bronze) - Win the fight at the School.
- Shut Down (10 GS/Bronze) - Defeat the AI.
- Powered Up (15 GS/Bronze) - Complete the Solar Array Puzzle.
- Hornet's Nest (30 GS/Bronze) - Destroy the Tripod Nest.
- Operation! (15 GS/Bronze) - Snare the Shard with the Ishimura.
- Knock Knock (25 GS/Bronze) - Complete the Drill Ride.
- The Final Sacrifice (50 GS/Bronze) - Destroy the Marker.
- Cross Your Heart, Hope to Die (30 GS/Bronze) - Survive the Eye Poke Machine.
- The Fugitive (50 GS/Gold) - Escape the Facility.
- slide 2 of 8
Dead Space 2 Achievement Guide - Game Completion
- Made Us Whole (10 GS/Bronze) - Complete the game on any difficulty setting.
- Mission Impossible (50 GS/Gold) - Complete the game on Zealot setting. Though you can choose to embark on a Zealot run for your first playthrough, it is highly advisable that you complete the game on the Normal setting first. After completing the game on Normal you can start a New Game+ on Zealot difficulty, carrying over all your weapons, Power Nodes, money, and recovery items. This will make a Zealot run much easier. Note: "Mission Impossible" does not stack with the "Hard to the Core" achievement; a minimum of two playthroughs are required to unlock both.
- Hard to the Core (50 GS/Gold) - Complete the game on Hard Core setting. To unlock Hard Core difficulty, you must first complete Dead Space 2 on any other difficulty setting. This mode is unique in that you cannot begin a New Game+ run on Hard Core, forcing you to start from scratch. You'll also only get three opportunities to save your progress. This is arguably the hardest achievement in the game, but earning it unlocks a powerful new weapon: the Hand Cannon.
- slide 3 of 8
Dead Space 2 Achievement Guide - Collectables
- Romper Stomper (25 GS/Bronze) - Stomp 10 containers. Containers stuffed with ammunition and money are found throughout The Sprawl. They are identified by their green color and glowing white corners.
- The Engineer (10 GS/Silver) - Collect 10 schematics. Schematics are used to unlock new weapons/upgrades at the shop, and are usually found behind locked Power Node doors. Try to keep at least one spare Power Node on hand at all times to ensure you don't miss any. There are more than 10 schematics in Dead Space 2 so you don't need to collect them all for this achievement.
- The Electrician (10 GS/Silver) - Collect 10 semiconductors. Semiconductors are typically found in supply caches after defeating tougher enemies like Brutes or Tripods. There are more than 10 semiconductors in the game, but they can be sold for heaps of cash so it's wise to seek as many out as you can.
- The Librarian (10 GS/Bronze) - Collect 100 logs. Logs serve little purpose beyond fleshing out Dead Space 2's story and are lying around everywhere. There are more than 100 logs to collect in total so don't fret about missing one or two.
- Collect Peng (20 GS/Silver) - Find the Peng treasure. Full guide is forthcoming.
- slide 4 of 8
Dead Space 2 Achievement Guide - Upgrades and Misc.
- First Aid (10 GS/Bronze) - Use Quick Heal ten times.
- Looking Good (10 GS/Bronze) - Purchase the Advanced Suit. The schematic for this suit is found during Chapter 11.
- Fully Outfitted (30 GS/Bronze) - Upgrade your RIG and Stasis completely. This requires 30 Power Nodes.
- Picking Favorites (30 GS/Bronze) - Upgrade 1 weapon completely.
- Fully Loaded (50 GS/Bronze) - Simultaneously have four completely upgraded weapons. This requires at minimum 82 Power Nodes, assuming you focus on the cheapest weapons: Plasma Cutter, Detonator, Pulse Rifle, and the Ripper.
- Lightspeed de Milo (10 GS/Bronze) - Dismember the Lightspeed Boy Statue. This statue is first located in Chapter 3, and then again in Chapter 6. Slice off its head and arms to unlock the achievement.
- slide 5 of 8
- slide 6 of 8
Dead Space 2 Trophy Guide - Combat 1
- Vacuum Cleaner (30 GS/Bronze) - Decompress 20 Necromorphs without getting sucked out yourself. This will require two consecutive playthroughs (via New Game+) as there are only a handful of decompression windows throughout the campaign. They are identified by a yellow/black hazard bar and a warning sign reading "Future Expansion". When Necromorphs are nearby, shoot out the glass to suck them out into space. You must quickly shoot the flashing red triangle button above to close the window before you get sucked out behind them.
- Skewered in Space (15 GS/Bronze) - Impale an enemy into a Decompression Window to cause it to blow out. The Javelin Gun works best for this.
- ...And Stay Down (10 GS/Bronze) - Kill 25 crawling enemies with stomp.
- Shoot the Limbs! (10 GS/Bronze) - Dismember 25 Necromorph limbs.
- Epic Dismemberment (50 GS/Silver) - Dismember 2,500 Necromorph limbs. This may require a New Game+ run to complete, depending on your dismemberment thoroughness.
- Think Fast (15 GS/Bronze) - Kill 30 Necromorphs with Kinesis objects.
- Frozen in Time (10 GS/Bronze) - Kill 50 Necromorphs while they are in Stasis.
- The Nanny (10 GS/Bronze) - Kill 30 Crawlers without detonating them. Crawlers are infantile Necromorphs with exploding flesh sacks on their backs. Avoid shooting the sacks as that will detonate the blighters; instead, sever their heads and limbs.
- Necro Flambé (10 GS/Bronze) - Kill 50 enemies using the Flamethrower.
- Brute Juke (10 GS/Bronze) - Kill a Brute without taking damage. Use Stasis to slow the Brute down, and then dismember both arms before it has a chance to charge you.
- The Sampler Platter (20 GS/Bronze) - Kill a Necromorph with every weapon in the game. There are 10 weapons in total: Plasma Cutter, Javelin Gun, Line Gun, Pulse Rifle, Ripper, Detonator, Seeker Rifle, Flamethrower, Force Gun, and the Contact Beam.
- slide 7 of 8
Dead Space 2 Trophy Guide - Combat 2
- Bouncing Betty (10 GS/Bronze) - Kill a Cyst by catching its mine and throwing it back. Cysts are affixed to walls and floors, and spit explosive mines at you. Grab one of their mines out of the air with Kinesis and kill a Cyst with it to unlock the trophy.
- Elevator Action (15 GS/Bronze) - Knock off every Tripod during the Elevator Sequence. This sequence occurs in Chapter 7 and there are 22 Tripods in total.
- Clean Cut (10 GS/Bronze) - Sever all three tentacles of a Lurker with one Line Gun Primary Fire shot. Use Stasis to slow a Lurker down if you're having trouble lining up a perfect shot.
- Taste of Your Own Medicine (20 GS/Bronze) - TK Impale a live Slasher to a surface using a Slasher's arm; it must stick to the surface. Use Kinesis to lift a dead Slasher's severed arm, and then use it to impale another Slasher to the wall.
- Going for Distance (20 GS/Bronze) - Impale an enemy and make him fly through the air for 17 meters; it must stick to the surface.
- C-Section (10 GS/Bronze) - Knock down an enemy with Contact Beam Alt-Fire then kill it with Primary Fire before it stands up.
- Peek a Boo! (20 GS/Bronze) - Kill a Stalker with the Seeker Rifle while in Zoom Mode. Stalkers are Necromorphs that have huge claws and a tendency to hide behind obstacles and pop out at you. Use Stasis to slow one down before attempting the kill.
- It's a Trap! (20 GS/Bronze) - Kill 20 enemies with Detonator Mines in a deployed state.
- Shock Therapy (10 GS/Bronze) - Impale an enemy with the Javelin Gun and use its Alt-Fire to shock 3 others.
- Lawnmower Man (10 GS/Bronze) - Kill 4 enemies with the same Ripper blade.
- My Boom Stick (20 GS/Bronze) - Kill 6 enemies at once with Line Gun's Alt-Fire.
- slide 8 of 8
Dead Space 2 Trophy Guide - Platinum Trophy
The last trophy in Dead Space 2 is exclusive to the PS3 version of the game, and is:
- The Final Frontier (Platinum) - Earn all Trophies in Dead Space 2.
All screenshots/references from Visceral Games/Electronic Art's Dead Space 2 and author's own experience.