Xbox 360 Achievements Guide: Borderlands
Borderlands and the DLC packs associated with it are crammed full of achievements. In total there are 70 achievements to earn, and most of them require that you go a bit out of your way. If you're an achievement monkey this guide will help you find them all.
Borderlands is a big game with a lot to do. This means there is a lot of achievements. If you total up all of the achievements that are available for Borderlands and the DLC there are 70, which adds up to 1500 gamerpoints in total.
Some of the achievements are quite easy to earn and will be found during the normal course of the game. Others are more difficult. This guide will help you uncover all of the achievements in the game.
These are achievements that can be earned during the game’s main plot.
- Paid in Fyrestone (5G): Complete 5 missions in the Arid Badlands.
- Paid in New Haven (10G): Complete 5 missions in New Haven.
- Discovered Skag Gully (5G): Enter Skag Gully zone.
- Discovered Sledge’s Safe House (5G): Enter Sledge’s Safe House zone.
- Discovered Headstone Mine (5G): Enter Headstone Mine zone.
- Discovered Trash Coast (5G): Enter Trash Coast zone.
- Discovered The Scrapyard (10G): Enter Scrapyard zone.
- Discovered Krom’s Canyon (10G): Enter Krom’s Canyon zone.
- Discovered Crimson Lance Enclave (15G): Enter Crimson Lance Enclave zone.
- Discovered Eridian Promontory (15G): Enter Eridian Promontory zone.
- Wanted: Sledge (10G): Kill Sledge.
- Wanted: Krom (20G): Kill Krom.
- Wanted: Flynt (30G): Kill Flynt.
- Destroyed the Hive: Kill Rakk Hive.
- Destroyed The Destroyer: Kill Vault Boss.
These are achievements that are earned by completing optional missions.
- Made in Fyrestone (15G): Complete all missions in the Arid Badlands.
- Made in New Haven (20G): Complete all missions in the Rust Commons zones.
- Speedy McSpeederton (10G): Race around the Ludicrous Speedway (in the Dahl Headlands) in under 31 seconds.
- Fully Loaded (10G): Rescue enough Claptraps to earn forty two inventory slots.
- House of the Ned (25G): Complete first mission in House of the Ned DLC pack.
- Jakobs Fodder (25G): Complete Jakobs Fodder mission in House of the Ned DLC pack.
- Braaaaaaaaaaaains! (25G): Complete the House of the Ned mission in the House of the Ned DLC pack.
- Small Tournament (10G): Complete the Prove Yourself mission in the Underdome DLC pack.
- Hell-Burbia (25G): Reach the end of the larger challenge in Hell-Burbia coliseum. This is part of the Underdome DLC pack.
- The Angelic Ruins (25G): Reach the end of the large challenge in The Angelic Ruins coliseum. This is part of the Underdome DLC pack.
- The Gully (25G): Reach the end of the large challenge in The Gully coliseum. This is part of the Underdome DLC pack.
- Big Tournament (40G): Beat all of the larger challenges in the Underdome DLC pack with one character.
- Making a Monster (10G): Complete the Grease Monkey mission in the Secret Armory DLC pack.
- Athena, Out (25G): Rescue Athena in the Secret Armory DLC pack.
- Depot Demolition (25G): Destroy the Lance Depot in the Secret Armory DLC pack.
- Completionist (25G): Complete all missions in Secret Armory
These achievements can be earned by killing certain enemies or by killing enemies in certain ways.
- My Brother is an Italian Plumber (15G): Kill an enemy by stomping on its head. You simply must jump on the enemy’s head if they go down.
- Get A Little Blood on the Tires (20G): Kill 25 enemies by running over them.
- Rootinest, Tootinest, Shootinest (10G): Kill 5 Rakk in under 10 seconds.
Truly Outrageous (15G): Kill someone with the Siren’s action skill (phase walk).
Careful, He Bites (15G) Kill 15 enemies with the Hunter’s action skill (bloodwing attack).
Reckless Abandon (15G): Kill 15 enemies with the Berserker’s action skill (berserk).
Down in Front (15G): Kill 15 enemies with the Soldier’s action skill (turret).
- 12 Days of Pandora: Achieve at least the following number of kills for each category. 12 Assault Rifle Kills. 11 Pistol Kills. 10 Shotgun Kills. 9 SMG Kills. 8 Sniper Rifle Kills. 7 Melee Kills. 6 Critical Hit Kills. 5 Explosive Kills. 4 Shock Kills. 3 Incendiary Kills, 2 Corrosive Kills, 1 Grenade Kill.
- Night of the Living Ned (1G): Kill Ned the first time in the House of the Ned DLC pack.
- Ned’s Undead, Baby (49G): Kill undead Ned in the House of the Ned DLC pack.
- Vincible (50G): Kill Craawmerax the Invincible in the Secret Armory DLC pack.
- Sneaky Little Buggers (25G): Kill the loot midgets in the Secret Armory DLC pack.
- Speed Kills (25G): Kill a Lancer vehicle with a Racer vehicle in the Secret Armory DLC pack.
Item and Skill Achievements
These achievements are obtained through certain items and skills.
- You call this Archaeology? (20G): Apply an elemental artifact.
- Ding! Newbie (5G): Reach level 5.
- Ding! Novice (10G): Reach level 10.
- Ding! Expert (20G): Reach level 20.
- Ding! Hardcore (30G): Reach level 30.
- Ding! Sleepless (40G): Reach level 40.
- Ding! Champion (50G): Reach level 50.
- Pandora-dog Millionaire (50G): Earn 1 million credits. Does not have to be all at once – simply through the course of the game.
- Fence (25G): Sell 50 guns.
- Weapon Aficionado (20G): Reach level 10 weapon proficiency with any weapon type
- Facemelter (25G): Kill 25 enemies with elemental corrosive weapons
- 1.21 Gigawatts (25G): Kill 25 enemies with elemental shock weapons
- Pyro (25G): Kill 25 enemies with elemental fire weapons
- Master Exploder (15G): Kill 25 enemies with explosives. Elemental explosive weapons count.
- There are some who call me Tim (25G): Equip a class mod
- Ding! Overleveled (15G): Reach level 51. Only possible with Secret Armory DLC.
- Ding! Overleveled to 11 (40G): Reach level 61. Only possible with Secret Armory DLC.
These achievements can only be earned while in the multiplayer game.
- Can’t We Get BEYOND Thunderdome? (25G): Win a competitive arena match.
- Duel-icious (15G): Win a duel against a player.
- Duelinator (35G): Win a flawless victory in a duel (take no damage).
- Group LF Healer (25G): Rescue another player from death in co-op mode.
- There’s No I in Team (30G): Complete 15 missions in co-op mode.
- And They’ll Tell Two Friends (10G): Play a co-op game with a Gearbox employee or someone who already has the achievement.
- United We Stand (35G): Defeat Rakk Hive, Vault Boss, Sledge, Krom and Flynt in co-op.
These achievements don’t fit into any other category.
- You’re on a Boat! (15G): Hop on a boat in Treachers Landing.
- Sucker Born Every Minute (10G): On the Sunken Sea map there is an outlaw village in the bottom left. At the village entrance there is a sign that says “World’s Largest Bullet." Head inside the village and towards the shack straight ahead. Using a cash box there will start your tour and give you the achievement. Only one thing – this tour costs $8 million credits!
Borderlands Achievements and Unlockables
Your free guide to the different achievements and unlockables in Borderlands.
- Xbox 360 Achievements Guide: Borderlands
- Free Borderlands Unlockables Guide For The Xbox 360