- slide 1 of 9
Bioshock 2 Trophies
Returning to Rapture with Bioshock 2 is an absorbing experience. Once again the game features an excellent single player adventure but there is also a multiplayer component to enjoy this time around. You can read about the game in our Bioshock 2 review. In this article we’re going to run through all the Bioshock 2 trophies for the PS3 version and show you how to get them.
This Bioshock 2 trophy guide lists every trophy available in the PS3 game. There are 51 trophies in total in Bioshock 2. They break down as follows:
- 40 Bronze Trophies
- 8 Silver Trophies
- 2 Gold Trophies
- 1 Platinum Trophy
- slide 2 of 9
Bioshock 2 Bronze Trophies
- Upgraded a Weapon – Upgraded a Weapon at a Power to the People Station.
- There are 14 Power to the People Stations dotted throughout the game, use one and you’ll earn this trophy.
- Fully Upgraded a Weapon – Installed the third upgrade to a weapon.
- Select all three upgrades for a single weapon and you’ll earn this trophy.
- All Weapon Upgrades – Found every Power to the People weapon upgrade in the game.
- You’ll need to find all 14 Power to the People Stations to earn this trophy. They are like vending machines and you’ll see them attached to walls throughout the game, just make sure you search thoroughly as you go.
- Distance Hacker – Used the Hack Tool to hack an object at a distance.
- Fire your hack gun with a remote hack dart in it and hack the security to win this trophy (you can use them on cameras, door controls and turrets).
- Prolific Hacker – Hacked one of each kind of machinery.
- There are eight different kinds of machinery to hack and they are: Security Cameras, Security Turrets, Security Bots, Locked Doors, Safes, First Aid Stations, Circus of Value Machines and El Ammo Bandito Machines.
- Master Hacker – Hacked 30 machines at a distance with the Hack Tool.
- You can “fire" the Hack Tool at a machine from a distance and then hack into it. Do it to at least 30 machines and the trophy is yours.
- First Research – Researched a Splicer with the Research Camera.
- When you get the Research Camera you can use it to film subjects in action. You’ll need to attack them and kill them and the better the action the faster the research bar will fill.
- One Research Track – Maxed out one Research Track.
- Each subject has four levels of research to max out. Complete four levels for one of the nine baddy types and you’ll earn this trophy.
- Research Master – Completed all research on every subject in Rapture.
- You’ll need to complete four levels for every baddy in the game and there are nine types in total. They are: Thuggish Splicers, Leadhead Splicers, Houdini Splicers, Spider Splicers, Brute Splicers, Security Bots, Big Daddies, Big Sisters and Alpha Series.
- Adopted a Little Sister – Adopted a new Little Sister for the first time.
- You’ll get this as you progress.
- Unbreakable – Defended yourself against the Big Sister without dying.
- Every three Little Sisters you deal with will attract a Big Sister. Kill one without dying and you get the trophy.
- Look at You, Hacker – Killed 50 enemies using only hacked security.
- Make sure you hack all Security Cameras, Turrets and Bots you find and give them a chance to take out some enemies. You can also use the Security Command Plasmid to summon Bots.
- Trap Master – Killed 30 enemies using only Traps.
- Use the special Trap Rivet bullets with the Rivet Gun and you’ll pick this trophy up easily.
- Master Protector – Got through a Gather with no damage and no one getting to the Little Sister.
- Using Little Sisters to Gather ADAM always attracts a Splicer attack and so prepare for them coming with some hacked security and traps before you trigger the Gather.
- Big Spender – Spend 2000 dollars at Vending Machines.
- You should get this naturally during a play through.
- Dealt with Every Little Sister – Dealt with every Little Sister.
- Make sure you adopt every Little Sister as you play through and after you use them to gather ADAM rescue them or harvest them.
- Against all Odds – Finished the game on the hardest difficulty level.
- Complete the game on Hard difficulty.
- slide 3 of 9
- slide 4 of 9
Bioshock 2 Bronze Trophies – Plasmids
- Bought a Slot – Bought one Plasmid or Tonic Slot at a Gatherer’s Garden.
- Buy at least one extra slot at a Gatherer’s Garden and you’ve got this trophy.
- Max Plasmid Slots – Fully upgraded to the max number of Plasmid slots.
- The maximum number is eight slots. You start with three, you can buy four from the Gatherer’s Garden and you’ll unlock the last one as you progress through the game.
- Fully Upgraded a Plasmid – Fully upgraded one Plasmid to the Level 3 version.
- You can upgrade Plasmids at the Gatherer’s Garden and if you fully upgrade at least one you’ll get this trophy.
- All Plasmids – Found or purchased all 11 Plasmid types.
- You’ll find some as you progress and you can purchase others at the Gatherer’s Garden. Once you have all 11 you’ll get the trophy.
- Counterattack – Killed an enemy with its own projectile.
- Use the Telekinesis Plasmid to throw back whatever enemies throw at you and you’ll get this trophy.
- 9-Irony – Paid your respects to the founder of Rapture.
- Use the Telekinesis Plasmid to grab the golf club (9-iron) in Ryan Amusements and hit the statue of Andrew Ryan in the head with it.
- slide 5 of 9
Bioshock 2 Bronze Trophies – Multiplayer
- Welcome to Rapture – Complete your first non-private match.
- Play a non-private match online and regardless of how well you do you’ll pick up this trophy.
- Unnatural Selection – Scored your first kill in a non-private match.
- All you need to do is kill at least one opponent in a non-private match and this trophy is yours.
- Disgusting Frankenstein – Become a Big Daddy for the first time in a non-private match.
- The Big Daddy suit occasionally spawns during multiplayer but there is always a scramble to get to it. Jump in first and you’ll earn this trophy.
- “Mr. Bubbles – No!" – Took down your first Big Daddy in a non-private match.
- Kill someone in the Big Daddy suit and you’ll get this trophy.
- Two-Bit Heroics – Completed your first trial in a non-private match.
- Complete one of the side challenges in multiplayer and you’ll get this trophy and some ADAM as a reward.
- Mother Goose – Saved your first Little Sister in a non-private match.
- You’ll need to play the “Capture the Sister" game to win this trophy. Pick up a Little Sister and then take her to a vent as you do in the single player.
- Parasite – Achieved Rank 10.
- You’ll need 9,000 ADAM to reach Rank 10. The best way to earn ADAM is to go on kill streaks, research fallen enemies, hack machines and kill anyone in the Big Daddy suit (wearing it yourself seriously boosts your chances of going on a kill streak).
- Little Moth – Achieved Rank 20.
- You need to amass 25,500 ADAM to obtain this rank.
- Skin Job – Achieved Rank 30.
- You’ll need 53,000 ADAM to get to Rank 30.
- Man About Town – Played at least one non-private match on each multiplayer map.
- There are a total of ten maps in the Bioshock 2 multiplayer mode.
- slide 6 of 9
- slide 7 of 9
Bioshock 2 Silver Trophies
- Grand Daddy – Defeated 3 Big Daddies without dying during the fight.
- You should stack up three Big Daddy kills during the natural course of the game.
- Master Gatherer – Gathered 600 ADAM with Little Sisters.
- You need to remove 600 ADAM from bodies with the help of Little Sisters so adopt Little Sisters and let them gather ADAM before you harvest or rescue them.
- Big Brass Balls – Finish the game without using Vita-Chambers.
- You can disable Vita-Chambers in the Options menu. They respawn you when you die but you could always just save often and reload instead. Or don’t die.
- Rapture Historian – Found 100 audio diaries.
- There are actually more than 100 audio diaries scattered throughout the game. Just search thoroughly as you play through and you’ll find them.
- Proving Grounds – Won your first non-private match.
- Win a non-private multiplayer match and you’ve got this trophy, it is easier when playing one of the team based games.
- slide 8 of 9
Bioshock 2 Gold and Platinum Trophy
- Choose the Impossible – Achieved Rank 40.
- The top rank is Rank 40 and to get there you need to build up 97,000 ADAM which is going to take you quite a while. Get as many kills as possible, research all corpses and hack all machines and you’ll make it…eventually.
- Platinum Trophy – Unlocked all trophies.
- As usual if you manage to earn every other trophy in the game you’ll get the Platinum Trophy as a prize.
- slide 9 of 9
Bioshock 2 Bronze, Silver and Gold Trophies – Progression with Spoilers!
These trophies are all basically impossible to miss and you’ll pick them up as you progress through the game (except Savior). If you don’t want to see any spoilers then skip this section.
Bioshock 2 Bronze Trophies
- Daddy’s Home – Found your way back into the ruins of Rapture.
- Just complete the first level and you’ll pick up this trophy.
- Protector – Defend yourself against Lamb’s assault in the train station.
- Simple, just kill the bad guys and survive the level to get this trophy.
- Sinclair’s Solution – Joined forces with Sinclair in Ryan Amusements.
- Just follow the progression and this will happen toward the end of the Ryan Amusements level.
- Confronted Grace – Confronted Lamb’s Lieutenant in Pauper’s Drop.
- You’ll meet Grace Holloway in her hiding place and you can kill her or let her live. I’d suggest letting her live because she’ll help you down the line if you do and there’s a trophy you’ll miss if you kill her.
- Defeated the Preacher – Defeated the Preacher.
- Pretty self explanatory - kill Simon Wales and you get the trophy.
- Nose for News – Uncovered the secret of Dionysus Park.
- Help out Stanley Poole to get this and don’t kill him after or you’ll miss a later trophy.
- Found Lamb’s Hideout – Gained access to Lamb’s stronghold.
- Just follow the progression and you’ll get there.
Bioshock 2 Silver Trophies
- Reunion – Reunited with your original Little Sister.
- Once again this will happen as the story unfolds, no special action required.
- Heading to the Surface – Headed to the surface on the side of Sinclair’s escape pod.
- You can’t miss this trophy if you finish the game.
- Savior – Saved every Little Sister and spared Grace Holloway, Stanley Poole and Gil Alexander.
- Told you not to kill them!
Bioshock 2 Gold Trophy
- Escape – Escaped Rapture.
- Complete the game on any difficulty and you’ve got this one.