- slide 1 of 9
Battlefield Heroes is a free to play first or third-person shooter brought to you by EA. It is suitable for a blast of casual fun with accessible gameplay and a cute cartoon art style. If you are completely new to the game and want to know how to get started then check out our Battlefield Heroes Basic Guide. In this article we are going to explain the classes in the game and take a look at their weaponry and abilities. We’ll also take a closer look at widgets you can equip.
- slide 2 of 9
There are three classes in Battlefield Heroes and each has their own set of abilities. Both factions, the National Army and the Royal Army, have the same three class choices. Each class can carry two weapons and one explosive and they can all use any of the three vehicles: jeeps, tanks and planes. The three classes are the Soldier, the Gunner and the Commando. Let’s take a closer look.
- slide 3 of 9
The Soldier is a good dependable character with offensive and defensive skills. He falls in between the other two classes in terms of movement speed and health. He starts with the Sub Machine Gun and the Shotgun and his explosive of choice is the TNT. Here are his abilities:
- Blasting Strike – You can knock back all enemies and vehicles with this ability. Try firing them into buildings for maximum damage. This ability starts with an 18 second cool down period before you can use it again.
- Grenade Spam – This allows you to throw multiple grenades at once. To begin with you can throw three grenades together and it has a cool down period of 20 seconds.
- 6th Sense – This ability allows you to see enemies on the battlefield even if they are behind cover. The first level only lasts 6 seconds and it has a 15 second cool down period.
- Burning Bullets – This super charges your Sub Machine Gun bullets so that they set enemies on fire. The first level ability does 20 damage over time, the ability lasts for 4 seconds and it has a 15 second cool down period.
- Combat Medicine – Instantly heal yourself and all nearby team mates. The first level of this ability will heal you by 15% and it has an 8 meter radius of effect and a 20 second cool down period.
- slide 4 of 9
The Gunner is the heavy class and he handles the big guns. He starts with the Heavy Machine Gun and the Shotgun and uses Sticky TNT as his explosive. He is the slowest of the three classes but he has the most health. Here are his abilities:
- I Eats Grenades – This allows the Gunner to literally eat nearby grenades. At the first level each grenade that goes off will boost his health by 5%, it lasts for 5 seconds and he eats all grenades in an 8 meter radius. The cool down period is 15 seconds.
- Hero Shield – This shield absorbs damage. At the first level it lasts for 10 seconds, has a cool down period of 15 seconds and can absorb 30 damage points.
- Explosive Keg – Hurl a barrel at your foe and then shoot it to create a big explosion. The keg does 35 damage in an 8 meter radius and it has a 15 second cool down.
- Leg It – A useful speed boost which lasts 4 seconds and allows you to escape a hairy situation. The cool down period is 15 seconds.
- Frenzy Fire – This gives your Heavy Machine Gun an accuracy boost for 3 seconds and it has a 15 second cool down period.
- slide 5 of 9
- Elixir – This gives him a speed boost for 5 seconds and boosts Shield Value by 10. It has a cool down of 15 seconds.
- Poisoned Blade – This adds damage over time to any knife attack as the victim is poisoned. It lasts for 5 seconds and will do an extra 15 damage. It has a 15 second cool down period.
- Mark Target – This allows you to pick out enemy targets for your team mates and earn extra points. It marks the target for 8 seconds and has a 15 second cool down period.
- Stealth – You can slip off the enemy radar with the Stealth ability. The first level works over a 15 meter radius and has a 25 second cool down. If anyone gets close enough they can see you.
- Troop Trap – You can place a proximity mine with this ability. When the enemy gets close it explodes. It will do 30 damage and it has a 23 second cool down period.
- Piercing Shot – This boosts your sniper rifle attacks increasing damage by 13. It lasts for 5 seconds and has a 15 second refresh rate.
- slide 6 of 9
All abilities have five levels and they can be upgraded in the My Stuff, Abilities tab by clicking on the + marked on each ability. Obviously you need Hero Points to actually upgrade them but you’ll earn them as your character develops. As the abilities are upgraded they improve with increased damage, longer windows of opportunity and smaller cool down periods. You equip abilities by dragging them onto your Equipment Bar.
- slide 7 of 9
Also located in the My Stuff tab are widgets. These are special items you can equip for handy bonuses in game. You equip widgets by dragging them onto your Equipment Bar. You can buy widgets in the Store.
- Bandages – These restore a minor portion of your health over time. They also prevent burning and poison effects.
- Wrench – The wrench allows vehicle repair and will boost the hit points of the vehicle you are in by a small amount.
- XP Boost – This will boost the amount of experience you get during gameplay. You don’t need to equip this once you have bought it.
- VP Boost – This will boost the amount of Valor Points you get during gameplay. You don’t need to equip this once you have bought it.
- slide 8 of 9
Creating New Characters
When you start the game you have the option to create four separate characters. You can always create a new character when you are signed in via the link in the top right of the Battlefield Heroes website. There are enough slots to try out all three classes so it is worth seeing what suits you best. You can also purchase more slots if you are eager to create more characters. There is currently no way to delete a character once created.
- slide 9 of 9
- All images and references from Battlefield Heroes.
- Battlefield Heroes, http://www.battlefieldheroes.com